Chaos at Dover again

Vince Green

It appears that the French are causing chaos at Dover by deliberately slowing down to a snails pace all the passport and customs checks. People are having to queue for hours just to get on their ferries

It's obvious what they are doing and why they are doing it.

It's all so petty minded. It's targeted because this is the busiest week of the summer after the schools broke up this week

Edited by Vince Green

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

It appears that the French are causing chaos at Dover by deliberately slowing down to a snails pace all the passport and customs checks. People are having to queue for hours just to get on their ferries

It's obvious what they are doing and why they are doing it.

It's all so petty minded. 

It is indeed!

11 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

The French have only opened six of the normal twelve passport check boothes.

And the French are doing what the Dover authorities are describing as 100% checks on every passenger. In other words a go slow

AKA "Working to RULE"

If you think it’s just Dover that’s having difficulties then I have to inform you that it’s not. 
Im I’m Amsterdam at the moment and the airport check in queues are around three or more hours long. 

It’s become the new ‘norm’ unfortunately, along with frayed tempers. 
Was shouted at this morning by some angry passengers, who used the excuse to block the car park entrance ( they didn’t want to pay the fee for drop off) that they had the right too as their flight had been delayed by 24hrs. 
That was UK btw. 
I just let it all wash over us these days and have delayed our own family holidays until October. 
Putting up with this **** every working day, I’m sure as hell not going to do so in my own time too.

I hope everyone caught up in a queue to France remembers that well when choosing their vacation next year. The world is a big place and we should go where we are welcomed.

We’ve just got back (ie last weekend) from Greece flying in and out of Gatwick with Easy Jet and it was without a hitch. We chose Greece back in January because the Spanish and French were displaying all the signs of being totally awkward and that’s escalated since.

Incidentally the Greeks are super keen to advance their tourist industry and capitalise on Spain’s awkward approach to covid vaccinations and Brexit, and we had an amazing time.

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

The French have only opened six of the normal twelve passport check boothes.

And the French are doing what the Dover authorities are describing as 100% checks on every passenger. In other words a go slow

They are checking 100% to make sure they don't let any Illegals back in. They let them come here, so don't want them back.

13 minutes ago, Mungler said:

I hope everyone caught up in a queue to France remembers that well when choosing their vacation next year. The world is a big place and we should go where we are welcomed.

We’ve just got back (ie last weekend) from Greece flying in and out of Gatwick with Easy Jet and it was without a hitch. We chose Greece back in January because the Spanish and French were displaying all the signs of being totally awkward and that’s escalated since.

Incidentally the Greeks are super keen to advance their tourist industry and capitalise on Spain’s awkward approach to covid vaccinations and Brexit, and we had an amazing time.

You would hope so, I understand France and Spain are close so should be easy to get to, and you would think they'd want UK travellers going and spending money.

But the problem is most people just want to sit on a beach or by a pool for X amount of time so book what's cheapest. 

I'd love the government to say Portugal and Greece aren't being Richards about travel so we're giving a £300 voucher off a holiday for next year, hopefully that would hit Spain and France in the wallet

I'm glad I never take foreign holidays - and would be really pleased if people would boycott the EU countries for holidays to hit the trouts incomes.

To be fair though, just like our trade unions, the mongrels will dump on those it can hit the hardest at their times of greatest demand. Its just a shame so many gullible suckers offer themselves up for holiday nightmares like this almost every year just for a bit of sunshine. 

14 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Simple you are British vacate in your own country support your own country 

We had been going to Dorset for years and to the same self catering flat, two years ago before Covid it cost us around £450 for a week in mid June, phoned up last year and they wanted £1200 for the same week, you can get a lot for that sort of money abroad.

4 minutes ago, old'un said:

We had been going to Dorset for years and to the same self catering flat, two years ago before Covid it cost us around £450 for a week in mid June, phoned up last year and they wanted £1200 for the same week, you can get a lot for that sort of money abroad.

That makes it £1200 cheaper to stay at home and catch up on some garden time. :)

At the moment the world is upside down you either be prepaird to suffer and dont moan because the more you do the more they will see its having an effect on the country also you will be helping to get your own country back on its feet

Edited by Rim Fire