Free single barrel 12bore

I have quite a few (20+) single barrel 12 bore shotguns. Baikal, bsa, coey, argyle.....a mixed lot. Various lengths of barrel and pull, various chokes and various condition but all sounds.

FREE to any members that can make use of them.

Collection only.

Np44 1dl.

Drop me a message if you'd like to arrange to collect one.

Might find a few slips too.

Edd

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

A business opportunity Mel, you could collect and start fitting moderators!  :cool1:

A 12 is already on my mind dave , I just have zero storage for another gun at the moment.  I need a clear out. 

1 hour ago, TOPGUN749 said:

Very nice offer! When I was 15, offers like that weren’t available,even single barrels had a reasonable value,I had to pay £13 for a second hand BSA Snipe in 1972, (equivalent to £250 today)my first shotgun at 15,today hardly anyone wants a single.

The guide price for a BSA Snipe in the Holts auction of unsold lots is currently £5-10. There are 3 of them I think.

2 hours ago, Sky Gypsy said:

The guide price for a BSA Snipe in the Holts auction of unsold lots is currently £5-10. There are 3 of them I think.

Just shows how times have changed in 50 years.Back then a BSA Snipe 2nd hand would cost about 3 days wages,now less than half an hour,even at a dealer 2 hours maximum!

Edited by TOPGUN749

17 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I've thought about it plenty of times steve , but I just have any room for another safe 😕.

Maybe just one big safe, Mel? I've thought about the 14-20 gun ones many times, but  would be too heavy to get it upstairs when I would want to put it. 

Just now, steve_b_wales said:

Maybe just one big safe, Mel? I've thought about the 14-20 gun ones many times, but  would be too heavy to get it upstairs when I would want to put it. 

I've already got a nine gun safe with about twelve guns in there , and a five gun safe with about seven guns in there 😊. If I fitted another safe , it would have to be visible .

8 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

How about in the attic/loft?

I'd need to get a very large skip and empty it first . The problem is that lin and myself have way too much stuff , and the house and garden just aren't big enough . We have the normal day to day living stuff , then her business stuff , then hobby stuff , then woodland stuff. Now that we're grandparents,  we also seem to have a growing collection of baby stuff to add to the mix. 

20 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I'd need to get a very large skip and empty it first . The problem is that lin and myself have way too much stuff , and the house and garden just aren't big enough . We have the normal day to day living stuff , then her business stuff , then hobby stuff , then woodland stuff. Now that we're grandparents,  we also seem to have a growing collection of baby stuff to add to the mix. 

Likewise Mel. My attic is full of all bits and pieces, a lot of it shooting related stuff - camo nets, decoys, clay pigeon trap etc etc. I'm thinking of getting another garden shed to keep them in. 

28 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Likewise Mel. My attic is full of all bits and pieces, a lot of it shooting related stuff - camo nets, decoys, clay pigeon trap etc etc. I'm thinking of getting another garden shed to keep them in. 

My garden is 90 feet long , and even that's full. I have , two wood stores , my workshop , lins workshop,  and my lads fishing tackle shed.  Even the drive at the side and front of the house is filled with logs . It's like living in a new age traveller camp. The problem is that I get involved in so many projects , that I need everything that I collect . I had a trailer load of old wood from nev , it took me a few days to sort through it and denail it all , but I've used every bit of it , and at today's wood prices , it's probably saved me close to 2k , and even more than that if you think of the things I've used it for. I'm about to build a storage shed up at the woodland.  At least I'll be able to get rid of some of the stuff out of my garden( including the wood and posts that I'm using to make the shed).

39 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

My garden is 90 feet long , and even that's full. I have , two wood stores , my workshop , lins workshop,  and my lads fishing tackle shed.  Even the drive at the side and front of the house is filled with logs . It's like living in a new age traveller camp. The problem is that I get involved in so many projects , that I need everything that I collect . I had a trailer load of old wood from nev , it took me a few days to sort through it and denail it all , but I've used every bit of it , and at today's wood prices , it's probably saved me close to 2k , and even more than that if you think of the things I've used it for. I'm about to build a storage shed up at the woodland.  At least I'll be able to get rid of some of the stuff out of my garden( including the wood and posts that I'm using to make the shed).

:):good:

Hopefully, one weekend during August, we'll be able to pop up to your woodland and meet up with you both. I've got a 'few' .22lr rounds that need firing! 

4 hours ago, Whiff-of-grape said:

My cabinet is home to mongrel single barrels. Anything with a decent trigger pull is of interest. Anything left? I'm  over the water in Glos btw.

Still loads left.

What do you call "decent trigger pull"?

Edd

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/07/2022 at 20:15, eddoakley said:

Still loads left.

What do you call "decent trigger pull"?

Edd

Anything an adolescent won't have trouble with. I have Baikals in 12 and 20 and it's like trying to lift a 56lb weight with one finger. I have a buddy in Blaengarw so the next time I go over I'll drop a message and see if you're available. Cheers, ***.

40 minutes ago, Whiff-of-grape said:

Anything an adolescent won't have trouble with. I have Baikals in 12 and 20 and it's like trying to lift a 56lb weight with one finger. I have a buddy in Blaengarw so the next time I go over I'll drop a message and see if you're available. Cheers, ***.

Afraid I've never shot any of them.

You're welcome to try them if you're jn the area. Will be swapping them all soon though as I need the space.

Edd