Insurance for an Electric UTV

Walker570

57 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

Tell Adrian Flux, someone has to be first......

I did but they are restricted by the brokers unfortunately.

33 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Ask your supplier/agent who they insured there demonstrating model with 

and who they recommend 

also if your a member of Basc you maybe eligible to use the discount scheme on the purchase 

Yes I will do just that, plus the young farmer on youtube must have insured his but probably through a group farm insurance...NFU.  Having said that 25yrs ago the NFU would not cover my Honda ATV.  Just wondered if anyone had a similar problem.  E vehicles are still new but would have thought brokers would have sorted that by now. 

Regardless of your named insurance company they ALL have to deal through brokers where the buck stops.

Looking forward to getting it  Going to be great fun as a mobile hide. Have plans for a drop over camo cover.

Edited by Walker570

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I did but they are restricted by the brokers unfortunately.

Yes I will do just that, plus the young farmer on youtube must have insured his but probably through a group farm insurance...NFU.  Having said that 25yrs ago the NFU would not cover my Honda ATV.  Just wondered if anyone had a similar problem.  E vehicles are still new but would have thought brokers would have sorted that by now. 

Regardless of your named insurance company they ALL have to deal through brokers where the buck stops.

Looking forward to getting it  Going to be great fun as a mobile hide. Have plans for a drop over camo cover.

It’s simple tell your supplier if you can’t find insurance then you can’t buy it 

my canam is with nfu I have a couple of other vehicles with them 

very comprehensive policy including youngsters off road over 10 years of age (always good to have a chauffeur) supervised any drivers with a license on and off road 

but excluding forestry and carrying more than 2000 cartridges locked up inside at night 

all exclusions I can live with 

although it’s not electric I’m sure they could advise 

• 2 weeks later...

Don't ask.   Shipment should arrive about now but Quadzilla now tell my supplier that every electric model on board is pre ordered and sold. He has said should anyone not buy then we will have it.  No indication of next shipment.  The plus side of this is they must be popular and work ok as they are flying of the shelves.  Looked at the HiSun 4x4 but crazy price on the road almost twice the Quadzilla  EV which is around £9000 on the road.  Just have to be patient I suppose.

As soon as I have one I will post a report.