The gun market is changing in the US. Made a few good scores.

NoBodyImportant

After two years of gun stores have very little in stock I honestly quit going.  The few guns they would have in stock were way overpriced.  But I’m went gun store hoping yesterday and stores actually had quite a bit in stock.  Ammo was sill high but in stock.  I grabbed two Ruger vaqueros 357/45colt and a used Smith 317 22lr and a savage 22lr smoothbore, Then I stopped my Walmart to get groceries on the way home and they had a nice savage mkii 22lr.  Needless to say I went overboard but after seeing empty shelves for years I wasn’t going to leave them there.  So I have entertainment for the next few weeks.   I hope this means that we have peaked and things are getting back to normal. 

AEBC0FD8-8A09-4F6E-B634-80E6E1EF1370.jpeg

3224D427-0564-4AFD-B7B1-CC1A090E133A.jpeg

8EAC2A1B-8C41-45F9-80B9-79FF1E80E4B1.jpeg

8 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Smooth bore 22 lr, why on earth would you  buy that?

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/24322/savage+mkig+.22+lr+smooth+bore+at

The reviews seem to suggest they are very good with 22 rat shot, apparently better than firing it through a rifles barrel. 

Good for pigeons / rats in the barn without knocking holes in the roof. 

I am not into guns at all and see them as simply tools. One job one gun. That said when i see the pistols I just want to own them. No particular reason other than to own them. When I was a kid and used to buy guns and ammo mag i would dream of owning a Rugger Black hawk.

Edited by oowee

10 minutes ago, oowee said:

I am not into guns at all and see them as simply tools. One job one gun. That said when i see the pistols I just want to own them. No particular reason other than to own them. When I was a kid and used to buy guns and ammo mag i would dream of owning a Rugger Black hawk.

I've got some news for you, you are into guns, you just don't like to admit it.

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Bloke in our club had a Ruger Blackhawk in .44mag’, and a Ruger Bisley Blackhawk in .44mag’.
Them were the days, before we all became psychos! 👍

On 23/07/2022 at 15:48, NoBodyImportant said:

After two years of gun stores have very little in stock I honestly quit going.  The few guns they would have in stock were way overpriced.  But I’m went gun store hoping yesterday and stores actually had quite a bit in stock.  Ammo was sill high but in stock.  I grabbed two Ruger vaqueros 357/45colt and a used Smith 317 22lr and a savage 22lr smoothbore, Then I stopped my Walmart to get groceries on the way home and they had a nice savage mkii 22lr.  Needless to say I went overboard but after seeing empty shelves for years I wasn’t going to leave them there.  So I have entertainment for the next few weeks.   I hope this means that we have peaked and things are getting back to normal. 

AEBC0FD8-8A09-4F6E-B634-80E6E1EF1370.jpeg

3224D427-0564-4AFD-B7B1-CC1A090E133A.jpeg

8EAC2A1B-8C41-45F9-80B9-79FF1E80E4B1.jpeg

Fantastic pity our gun laws here in the UK Are from the dark ages Would love a Colt cobra 🐍 in 38sp and a SKS I can dream 😊😊Lovely collection bye the way 👍👍

On 24/07/2022 at 17:54, Weihrauch17 said:

Smooth bore 22 lr, why on earth would you  buy that?

I hunt carpenter bees with snake shot.  It’s like dove hunting but on smaller scale. 

On 25/07/2022 at 02:51, Lloyd90 said:

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/24322/savage+mkig+.22+lr+smooth+bore+at

The reviews seem to suggest they are very good with 22 rat shot, apparently better than firing it through a rifles barrel. 

Good for pigeons / rats in the barn without knocking holes in the roof. 

Exactly, rat shot through a rifle will donut.  There will be a hollow spot in the middle of the shot.  Lots of professional pest remover use them for their tight pattern and increased velocity.  It makes 22 rat shot good to about 20 yards.  I like hitting carpenter bees that bore holes in my house.  

On 25/07/2022 at 03:42, oowee said:

I love the black hawks also.  I make my own black powder, and cast bullets from robot weights. So I can shoot cowboy loads through the revolvers for about 14 rounds for $1 dollar USD.  For holidays I make up firework rounds.  Basically 45cal mine flares.  

On 25/07/2022 at 03:53, Newbie to this said:

I've got some news for you, you are into guns, you just don't like to admit it.

I I like guns,  but I’m addicted to fishing gear 😂 

11 minutes ago, Houseplant said:

Me too. I literally have a garage full of fishing gear. All perfectly organised and stored. I do think you have a bit of a gun problem though 😂

Well, my fishing gear is definitely not organized.  I am a sucker for the latest and greatest saltwater jig, that I try twice and throw in a tote in the barn. 

Not short of you guys get the delightful carpenter bees with your colder climates.  My dad used to pure salt down the barrel of a BB gun when I was a kid.  

You can’t poison them without killing bumblebee/ honey bees.  So instead of killing them all most people hunt them like birds with air rifles, rat shot 22lrs. 

23 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Not short of you guys get the delightful carpenter bees with your colder climates.  My dad used to pure salt down the barrel of a BB gun when I was a kid.  

You can’t poison them without killing bumblebee/ honey bees.  So instead of killing them all most people hunt them like birds with air rifles, rat shot 22lrs. 

I’ve just arrived in Tennessee … 0% income tax … 

No wonder you Southern boys have so much disposable income for all them guns 🤪🤪🤣🤣

2 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Welcome.  I’m in eastern NC.  Visiting or staying? 

Just had a look, 4.99% income tax for NC … 

Amazed how low peoples taxes are over here 😮 

I am paying almost 45% tax on a chunk of income with tax and new NI charges. 

We are in Tennessee for a week, then off to Texas for a while :) doing 11 weeks around the USA. 

Been great so far :) 

On 25/07/2022 at 11:34, Scully said:

Bloke in our club had a Ruger Blackhawk in .44mag’, and a Ruger Bisley Blackhawk in .44mag’.
Them were the days, before we all became psychos! 👍

You can buy a.44 mag here, but few do. .357 would be more popular for the revolver guys.

7 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Well, if you find yourself near south mountain state park hit me up. 

6 hours in the wrong direction but thank you for the offer. 

We have a car tomorrow and we’re heading down to the National Bird Dog Museum and Hall of Fame :) 

9 hours ago, ordnance said:

With the price of .44 mag ammo £ 29 you would need to be reloading. 

I was; we all were back then. I loaded for 9mm Steyr, .38 S&W, .38/357, .44 mag’ and .45ACP.
The only factory ammo I bought was two boxes of .38 S&W from a Mexican manufacturer, because they were stupidly cheap and I wanted the cases for my little S&W. 
We had a proper little munitions factory going back then! 😀