Drought..(and it is our fault) rant

ditchman

1 hour ago, Penelope said:

To show that 'Climate Change' has always happened and that there have been bigger changes than that occurring now. Randall Carson on Joe Rogan's pod cast is a good one to watch on the subject.

I was hoping that was what you was going to say :D

Are we having an impact - Yes - are we having a big impact - who knows (they - the climate experts - don't that's for sure) - are there changes that are happening as part of a world natural order - as you say - its been going on since the formation of the planet

Hence Roman's growing grapes when they were here 2000 years ago, and there were Frost Fairs on the Thames - where they had Elephants on the ice!!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

During a 15 mile drive last week I passed three gushing water leaks. Two have been the subject of roadworks for what seems like months and the other was gushing unattended. And that's just in one tiny bit of the country, so heaven knows how much gets lost nationally.

Hello, I remember as a small boy the village where gran and grandad lived a lovely small chalk river, the  Lavant ,  wild brownies, lots of wildlife, started life at East Dean from the chalk hills, it was more a winterbourne but now a dried up river bed due to abstraction, 

1 hour ago, Townie said:

During a 15 mile drive last week I passed three gushing water leaks. Two have been the subject of roadworks for what seems like months and the other was gushing unattended. And that's just in one tiny bit of the country, so heaven knows how much gets lost nationally.

Thats typical in the Thames Water area, London looses a huge amount of water every day due to leaking pipes, then when there's a few days of heavy rain the sewage stations get over loaded and contaminated water is released into rivers , below Witney is one example and this goes straight into the Thames , our drinking water 🤔🙄

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

4 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I remember as a small boy the village where gran and grandad lived a lovely small chalk river, the  Lavant ,  wild brownies, lots of wildlife, started life at East Dean from the chalk hills, it was more a winterbourne but now a dried up river bed due to abstraction, 

There have been massive changes in that area - for descriptions of how it was get hold of a book called "A Song for all Seasons" by Bob Copper

11 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Thats typical in the Thames Water area, London looses a huge amount of water every day due to leaking pipes, then when there's a few days of heavy rain the sewage stations get over loaded and contaminated water is released into rivers , below Witney is one example and this goes straight into the Thames , our drinking water 🤔🙄

Now they say we have a shortage of drinking water in the south UK due to this prolonged spell without rain but plenty up north , Please can we have some water you Northern folk on PW🤔😁

8 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

There have been massive changes in that area - for descriptions of how it was get hold of a book called "A Song for all Seasons" by Bob Copper

Hello, yes, as a young lad the farm I use to shoot on and even jack Hargreaves is now a sprawling housing estate , I will check that out 👍

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

All those southerners should move up here; rained off ( again) this morning. 

Hello, warm, dry, and windy here, ideal pigeon shooting weather 

4 hours ago, Ratlegs said:

Start by banning all the stupid garden paddling pools

and not watering golf courses    I know they pay for it but when it's gone money won't produce more

Maybe if we go hydrogen instead of lithium batteries for vehicles.. by product is water. Problem solved right. 🤣😂

Also how long has the grand canyon been that, as go far enough back in time it was under water. Soooo damn them t-rex in there big diesel trucks 

2 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Maybe if we go hydrogen instead of lithium batteries for vehicles.. by product is water. Problem solved right. 🤣😂

Also how long has the grand canyon been that, as go far enough back in time it was under water. Soooo damn them t-rex in there big diesel trucks 

Going north on the A15 approaching the Humber Bridge the road is cut into the sedimentary rock  you can see where there the water level used to be

Going to need a lot of rain to bring it back up there

1 hour ago, Ratlegs said:

Going north on the A15 approaching the Humber Bridge the road is cut into the sedimentary rock  you can see where there the water level used to be

Going to need a lot of rain to bring it back up there

in some parts of the UK and parts of Yorkshire where the EA are abstracting......it takes rainfall over 30 years to filter thro and join the aquifer.........

5 hours ago, Townie said:

Ah, but you can live safe in the knowledge that it is leaking from plastic pipes  !   🙄

16 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Just too many human beings in the world ....the polution is human bodies and they cause further polution.    Is that what they call an elephant in the room?

Seems like Mother Nature is trying to help, hence........aids, covid etc.

56 minutes ago, Robden said:

Seems like Mother Nature is trying to help, hence........aids, covid etc.

Yes, it will happen or we will wipe ourselves out in another world war.  Humans are so cocky sure of themselves and that it is not their own made problem. The two Princes lecturing us on climate change yet produce four more humans when when two would have been adquate.   As I said elephant in the room.

13 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Now they say we have a shortage of drinking water in the south UK due to this prolonged spell without rain but plenty up north , Please can we have some water you Northern folk on PW🤔😁

No wee jimmy's having another vote and if she gets her independence you will need to BUY it from her