Spare mags from states

Jon-Boy

Hi guys

Is it legal to buy gun mags from the USofA?

They are dirt cheap (ish) compared to here

I need Cz511, CZ452 ZKM and CZ American .17hmr

As for the .17hm could could someone who has an a CZ american tell me what it says on the side of the gun as i need to know the exact model name/number so i get the right one?

Anyone know of a good website on the net to get these mags?

looked high and low and cant find one with all

Cheers

Jon

I think you will find, like I did, that you will not be able to get them from the States, owing to their new laws. I tried to order 2 magazines for my Remi 597, and was told that ' gun parts ' cannot be shipped outside the U.S.A. If you know someone in America, get them to order them and send them to you. They will have to state on the package that it contains something else. It's a chance you will have to take.

I think you will find, like I did, that you will not be able to get them from the States, owing to their new laws. I tried to order 2 magazines for my Remi 597, and was told that ' gun parts ' cannot be shipped outside the U.S.A. If you know someone in America, get them to order them and send them to you. They will have to state on the package that it contains something else. It's a chance you will have to take.

When did these laws come into place?

I had some mossberg parts shipped from the states to me recently not so long ago!

just the stock and ill have a whole gun! Mhahahahahahah!! :blink:

I'm not sure that any new laws have been introduced over here pertaining to the export of firearm parts. There are so many different agencies involved when it comes to law enforcement and firearms regulations that your average gun/accessory retailer might just find it easier to pass on a sale rather than get involved in overseas deal. Guess it depends on the individual store. Canadians seems to be treated slightly differently hence TLE having little or no trouble.

If you want to find out if its legal try the Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms website - should be easy. Trying to convince a reluctant retailer that its legal might be a little harder.

your right NB, its a little softer here, none the less at times our ever proficient government add a twist to the retailers brokers causing all sorts of mayhem, quite a few guys drive there and pick up from the border, bringing in as gifts and suchlike, any handgun i have ordered from the states has made it here so personaly i have no issues, saying that my buddy did have issue with a rifle scope being blocked at the border, re-naming it as a spotting scope sorted that.

as i said flip a coin

Martin

You need an Export Licence to get them out of the US and an Import Licence to get them into the UK.

Anything that is classed as a 'Component art' now requires a licence as does any item over $100.

I know there are folk disregarding the situation but personally I could never ask anyone to do something that could easily land them in jail.(As well as you - but that is less important if you instigated the 'crime').

An import licence is free but is a hassle with the paperwork and the export licence costs whatever the dealer sending the item wants to charge but can easily take 6 months although folk like Brownells seem to be able to turn things around in 4-6 weeks.

After all the hassle what is the saving? Reckon on $1=£1 and then look at the savings again as with all the additional costs of getting stuff here legitimately it is on occasions cheaper to buy in the UK.

I thought the 22 rim 5 & 10 rd mags were the same price - around £20-22 +P&P? and the HMR around £25 from the Sportsman

Hi guys

Is it legal to buy gun mags from the USofA?

They are dirt cheap (ish) compared to here

I need Cz511, CZ452 ZKM and CZ American .17hmr

As for the .17hm could could someone who has an a CZ american tell me what it says on the side of the gun as i need to know the exact model name/number so i get the right one?

Anyone know of a good website on the net to get these mags?

looked high and low and cant find one with all

Cheers

Jon

Hi mate just wondering if you have looked at www.midwayuk.com for your mags?