If you’re Conservative, shoot, and have a vote – read this

6 hours ago, Townie said:

Don't think I've ever met a lefty shooter but considering some of the conversations I've heard and been involved in, they'd probably keep quiet. 

Plenty of them in Wales because "Thatcher Bad, Labour Good".

Turkeys voting for Christmas..

4 hours ago, Houseplant said:

Not sure why shooting/hunting attracts more from the right of politics. It's a worldwide phenomenon and not necessarily due to British class politics. 

The rights of an individual to own the means to control their own life, feed themselves, defend themselves and resist government are all right wing ideas which results in gun ownership.

The left are for government control (laws), collective will, herd behaviour, not being able to take control or stand out from the norm, results in "gun control".

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

we were told shooting was safe under fat boy and what did we get MORE restrictions these two liars will deliver more of the same  

What new restrictions did we get from Boris ?
Not saying  there wasnt , I just cant think of them ?

3 hours ago, Stonepark said:

The rights of an individual to own the means to control their own life, feed themselves, defend themselves and resist government are all right wing ideas which results in gun ownership.

The left are for government control (laws), collective will, herd behaviour, not being able to take control or stand out from the norm, results in "gun control".

Excellent summary, except for the highlighted, there are a lot of lefties that are anything but normal :lol:

I shall be meeting both candidates soon, and will be pressing them on when gov releases us from much of the European legislation which binds us. In particular the 'precautionary principle' enshrined in the Habitats Regulations.  This is being grossly misused by Natural England to the detriment of shooting, and eventually to wider country sports.

Alan

20 minutes ago, Ajarrett said:

I shall be meeting both candidates soon, and will be pressing them on when gov releases us from much of the European legislation which binds us. In particular the 'precautionary principle' enshrined in the Habitats Regulations.  This is being grossly misused by Natural England to the detriment of shooting, and eventually to wider country sports.

Alan

And absolutely on purpose.

26 minutes ago, clangerman said:

did we not get the gp form under gumps gang? 

I think it came in before TBH , I renewed in 2019 , and I had to do one for that.

Edit , I renewed in Sept 19 , Boris came in July 19 , but all my paperwork was in 3 months before , with doctors note.
So no , he couldnt have been responsible, and to be fair , it wasnt a government thing anyway , it was the GMC who implemented it , Gov UK just let them .

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

What new restrictions did we get from Boris ?

3 hours ago, Ajarrett said:

In particular the 'precautionary principle' enshrined in the Habitats Regulations.

These 2 are actually related.  What we got from Boris was an absolute inability to control the civil service, and remind them that they work for us, not the other way round.  The 'blob', as some refer to it.  Leaving aside for a minute the more subjective question of the blob seeking to undermine Brexit, let's concentrate on a more concrete example:

So, we got the whole General Licence Fiasco, where some ejiots in (at the time) Natural England immediately withdrew the general licences because of the threat of some litigation from Wild Justice.  No consideration to whether this might adversely impact those affected - viz. crows unable to be controlled just coming into lambing season.  Apparently with no checking with the mother ship (DEFRA), let alone ministerial oversight, just pulled, on something akin to the precautionary principle.

If I were fortunate enough to be speaking to the candidates, I'd want to know how their recent experience in government would inform their leadership style with respect to putting a stop to this governmental over-reach.

Also I'd ask them just what in the name of all hell their energy policy is, and when they will get rid of the insanity that is Biomass.

Long story short: are they actual conservatives? 

Rishi surely isn't.  Apparently wanted to tax all hell out of fuel, and his red diesel legislation shows how out of touch he is.

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I think it came in before TBH , I renewed in 2019 , and I had to do one for that.

Edit , I renewed in Sept 19 , Boris came in July 19 , but all my paperwork was in 3 months before , with doctors note.
So no , he couldnt have been responsible, and to be fair , it wasnt a government thing anyway , it was the GMC who implemented it , Gov UK just let them .

but the same gang nobody can argue getting tickets has become harder under gumps lot just look at the amount of reviews now resulting in loss of ticket gmc might have implemented it but a sure bet it was not their idea to put gps on the spot 

12 minutes ago, clangerman said:

but the same gang nobody can argue getting tickets has become harder under gumps lot just look at the amount of reviews now resulting in loss of ticket gmc might have implemented it but a sure bet it was not their idea to put gps on the spot 

GP’s aren’t being ‘put on the spot’. They have absolutely no say whatsoever as to whether a person should or should not have a ticket. That decision isn't theirs. 

22 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Rishi surely isn't.  Apparently wanted to tax all hell out of fuel, and his red diesel legislation shows how out of touch he is.

100 % 
The thing is , hes never been IN touch, hes been protected from the principles of 'normal' life , virtually since he was born.
I would wager he wouldnt know how much a litre of fuel costs, or milk, bread, Ill bet he knows how much gold is a kilo though.

13 minutes ago, Scully said:

GP’s aren’t being ‘put on the spot’. They have absolutely no say whatsoever as to whether a person should or should not have a ticket. That decision isn't theirs. 

really so if you lose the plot and gp signed you as fit they will hear nothing? more than doubt it I didn’t say they made the decision 

21 minutes ago, clangerman said:

really so if you lose the plot and gp signed you as fit they will hear nothing? more than doubt it I didn’t say they made the decision 

The GP doesn’t sign anyone as fit. They are General Practitioners and as such not qualified to make a decision as to whether they are fit to own firearms, a car, a dog or a hamster. They will inform the police if they have concerns regarding anything on the list you yourself are compelled to inform licensing of ( hence the flag ) and then the chief officer of police makes a decision based on that information. 
No, you didn’t say the GP made the decision, but what else were you implying then with your ‘on the spot’ comment? 

17 hours ago, Scully said:

The GP doesn’t sign anyone as fit. They are General Practitioners and as such not qualified to make a decision as to whether they are fit to own firearms, a car, a dog or a hamster. They will inform the police if they have concerns regarding anything on the list you yourself are compelled to inform licensing of ( hence the flag ) and then the chief officer of police makes a decision based on that information. 
No, you didn’t say the GP made the decision, but what else were you implying then with your ‘on the spot’ comment? 

Not worth getting into, it will take up your whole day and probably all weekend some are just naturally angry

On 28/07/2022 at 16:37, Rewulf said:

100 % 
The thing is , hes never been IN touch, hes been protected from the principles of 'normal' life , virtually since he was born.
I would wager he wouldnt know how much a litre of fuel costs, or milk, bread, Ill bet he knows how much gold is a kilo though.

I know what fuel is, but haven’t got a clue what price milk, bread or pint of beer is. We just put it in the basket or trolly and I pay by card at the end. I doubt I am alone in not knowing the up to date price of the staples is, I just pay and get on with life. So I find it very odd when folk try to pin politicians down on such things. 

2 hours ago, scolopax said:

I know what fuel is, but haven’t got a clue what price milk, bread or pint of beer is. We just put it in the basket or trolly and I pay by card at the end. I doubt I am alone in not knowing the up to date price of the staples is, I just pay and get on with life. So I find it very odd when folk try to pin politicians down on such things. 

I could have written that myself.

3 hours ago, scolopax said:

So you've got no idea how much a loaf of bread is, or a litre of milk? 

So if I told you a loaf of Hovis is £5, you'd say, oh OK then? 😂