Small solar panels

Ok this sounds daft (possibly). 

I have some permanent hides going up on the rape before it's drilled. I'm thinking as you do would it be possible to put up a solar panel to charge batteries which would save carrying them across. I think there may be some kind of cut off to prevent over charging. 

Be gentle it's only an idea. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Buy a single Lithium battery its much lighter save buying a whole load of chinese tat that will not last a season. It will be good to go long after the hide wants moving.

Its the amount of kit in the back pack I'd like to reduce as you have pigeons to carry back.

Everything will be there except cartridges and snacks. 

Also I've a powered trolley but that's useless when it's wet. 

2 hours ago, mellors said:

Ok this sounds daft (possibly). 

I have some permanent hides going up on the rape before it's drilled. I'm thinking as you do would it be possible to put up a solar panel to charge batteries which would save carrying them across. I think there may be some kind of cut off to prevent over charging. 

Be gentle it's only an idea. 

Most of the portable solar 12v trickle chargers are designed to sit behind windscreen or caravan window and don't come with a charge controller, as they are designed to trickle charge batteries with a constant draw (i.e. ECU's in car, etc).

The one's that "may" be suitable are not inexpensive.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384786689363?hash=item599712ed53:g:22EAAOSwz1ZiM~pS

Depending on model you will require an earth rod and cable in addition or more likely a resistive load to use the spare power.

A lithium 12v 7ah battery weighs in at less than 1kg, rather than the 2.5kg of the lead acid equivalent and would be much easier.....