Baikal Cartridges ?

Velocette

Although I'm a great fan of their guns, I feel that my education is incomplete as I've never had the chance to fire any of these legendary cartridges through them. Does anyone have a few knocking about that they may wish to sell ? I promise to only fire them through a SxS, at dusk, preferably next to an unsuspecting guest !

Sorry, this should be in Cartridges or Wanted. Feel free to move Mods please.

Edited by Velocette
Wrong place !!

I used to buy these as a teenager,because they were the cheapest! 40p for 10 in 1975.When you bought a box of number 6 shot 32 grams you got a mixture of 4,5,6,,and some egg shaped shot! They bang was always different to other cartridges,and more smoky!

45 minutes ago, TOPGUN749 said:

I used to buy these as a teenager,because they were the cheapest! 40p for 10 in 1975.When you bought a box of number 6 shot 32 grams you got a mixture of 4,5,6,,and some egg shaped shot! They bang was always different to other cartridges,and more smoky!

Come to think of it Baikals are probably a big part of why I now have continuous Tinitus.We never used any ear plugs in the woods and fields years ago!

Were the Hunter and Horrido cartridges also available in the UK? They were brands by Schonebeck ammunition manufacturor in the former DDR. We shot thousands of these in the early 1980’s when woodpigeon were on massive migration in autumn and winter. (I remember corn fields litterally turn blue-gray after harvasting and bags of 200+ birds between two or three hunters)

On 29/07/2022 at 12:24, TOPGUN749 said:

LOL! Like a bag of those sweets that we called "runts".

On 29/07/2022 at 12:24, TOPGUN749 said:

I used to buy these as a teenager,because they were the cheapest! 40p for 10 in 1975.When you bought a box of number 6 shot 32 grams you got a mixture of 4,5,6,,and some egg shaped shot! They bang was always different to other cartridges,and more smoky! Found 2 types in my collection,the paper case is from about 1974!

ADE2B2A1-2AF8-434D-BBA7-E04B0869AE4E.jpeg

On 02/08/2022 at 18:41, ninjaferret said:

I thought they were just labeled as Baikal, Red cases with black writing,   but i may well be wrong,  

Some were labelled baikal and some record.I think they were the same cartridges as the boxes were the same.They boomed and emitted flames the same followed by confetti floating down.