DIESEL ADDITIVE

DUNKS

Hi. I always use Millers diesel additive in my 2.2 ford diesel motor. Always have. Also use Tesco fuel.

Cleaning out the boot prior to going on holiday I found a Millers bottle with just a drop in. Just enough for one shot so popped it into the tank which was almost empty, so well over charged. Knowing I was filling up soon. Amazing difference to the performance of my motor, smoother, quieter and greatly improved fuel consumption.  I do the same 16 mile run at least once a week on quiet country roads with 50 /40 and 30 limits. Cant speed cos of cameras and I always get between 48/52 to a gallon. Decided to do this trip with the over charged tank before I filled up and got an amazing 61.5 per gallon. Can it really be that over charging with Millers can make this much difference. I have had the car 8 years now so do know how she runs.

Any comments?  

The increase in fuel consumption and drop in performance was noticeable when low sulphur diesel was introduced. At first they called it “city diesel” and regular derv was still available as well, so easy to make the comparison. Now all pumps are low sulphur. But I do wonder if HGV pumps still have derv?

1 minute ago, London Best said:

The increase in fuel consumption and drop in performance was noticeable when low sulphur diesel was introduced. At first they called it “city diesel” and regular derv was still available as well, so easy to make the comparison. Now all pumps are low sulphur. But I do wonder if HGV pumps still have derv?

Not heard the word derv for along time. It's what diesel was call in the late 60s, stood for diesel engined road vehicle, we used to sell it in my dads Regent petrol station up in Leeds along with Regular, Super and Supreme petrol.