Leather boot recommendation

shootingmike

17 hours ago, rimfire4969 said:

I have used Meindl Dovre Extremes for many season and love them. But last season I bought a pair of Hanwags at a good price and they are every bit as good and not as heavy, my next pair will be Hanwag.

Agree, and the only pair of boots i ever had which doesn't require breaking in when new... soft as a glove !

18 hours ago, rimfire4969 said:

I have used Meindl Dovre Extremes for many season and love them. But last season I bought a pair of Hanwags at a good price and they are every bit as good and not as heavy, my next pair will be Hanwag.

Another vote for Meindl, I have a pair of Meindl Island GTX. Comfortable out of the box, I went straight out for a 25 mile hike and my feet were fine. They have held up when beating and I must say I haven't really treated them well, just rinse the mud off before putting them away each week. 

Bought a pair of Altberg Kisdons this spring after decades of Meindls ,the Altbergs have turned out to be more comfy than any I`ve had previously and have very good soles grip wise. Never had a bad pair of Meindls as far as workmanship and longevity either.

On 02/08/2022 at 07:30, Loki said:

Hi

Alterberg will make them to fit your feet..........so 'bespoke'.

L

They will. But have you looked into the price? Most of their boots are made in Italy. They do do a good fit because they do five width fitting and half sizes.