Dog rescue sites.

samboy

Hi gang.

Looked on a whippet one and they want the in's and out's of a duck's ++++.

Have i any medical issues, what medication am i on etc. Also am i willing to take on a sick dog. No i'm not. The list goes on.

I can understand they want good homes for the dogs but they are too nosey. I think it will be easier just buying one.

I know they need t be sure the dog is going to a good home, but some of these rescue places make out they're doing you a favour letting you have a dog. 

We looked into it a while back and I'm sure it's easier to adopt a child. 

I tried to rescue a springer pup from a well known animal shelter thing in northern ireland, they practically wanted my dental records. They also said I had to agree to them coming along any time in the dogs life for unannounced visits to check my house, and when they were informed the dog would not be in the house they near had a fit.

When I tried to reason with them that the dog would be getting the best of exercise and training as a gundog the lady behind the counter all but fainted, then went off on how cruel I was.....I scrunched the paper up, lobbed it over her desk and told her to stick the pup up her hole and I walked out.

What she didn't expect (nor me) was my now wife to stay behind and give her hell fire and brimstone as she wasn't finished. She destroyed poor miss ideals before we left and subsequently bought the worlds best cocker spaniel. Sometimes its best to stay away from the "cuddly doggy brigade" type rescue centres.

Most are run by the fur baby brigade and if not they are run by animal rights lunatics. I wanted a hob ferret and went to my local rescue (not rspca😡😡), said they’d neuter him and I asked them to vasectomise him. Why? They said, so I told them…. They weren’t impressed . It got worse when They asked if I intended working him…. Err yes ! They went mental, I walked out 🤷🏼‍♂️ This was about 15 years ago, they wanted a £75 minimum donation too 🤪🤪🤪

I don't really understand why rescue centres feel the need to have an opinion and to tell you how to care for what in effect will be your pet. I have to say I was contacted by a shooting friend who works closely with the place I got my nutjob from. And she wanted him to go to a working home.

Ideally they should be grateful for a donation and to know the animal is going to a home that will give the best...

What I don't get is why we import dogs in the thousands and then get beset by the rescues claiming there are thousands of dogs that need rehousing.

Surely if we wernt bringing dogs in there wouldn't be the need for so many rescues.

Apparently, almost 20,000 dogs from Rumania alone in 2019.

I appreciate brexix may have slowed the movement of dogs from europe, but they should still have been through quarantine shouldn't they?

Worlds a strange place.

14 hours ago, manthing said:

What I don't get is why we import dogs in the thousands and then get beset by the rescues claiming there are thousands of dogs that need rehousing.

Surely if we wernt bringing dogs in there wouldn't be the need for so many rescues.

Apparently, almost 20,000 dogs from Rumania alone in 2019.

I appreciate brexix may have slowed the movement of dogs from europe, but they should still have been through quarantine shouldn't they?

Worlds a strange place.

More virtue signaling, I'm afraid.