DPD

Scully

Expected an item from Scott Country International today, and designated a place for DPD to put it lest I was out. Anyhow, was rained off ( again) so was home and with about 20 mins of slot still to go received a text to say ‘Sorry we missed you. Your delivery driver won’t be back today but will try again tomorrow’! 
They didn’t miss me, they never came!

Phoned Scott Country to tell them, and he said he would try ringing them but said he doubted they’d be back as they never usually are when this happens. I suggested if it was common practise perhaps they should consider another courier as these ones obviously aren’t up to the job, 
and that they can’t ‘come back’ if they haven’t been. 
Anyhow, tried to contact DPD, got in the queue ( if in fact one exists ) and ‘something went wrong…..check your internet connection and try again’ . Nothing wrong with my internet now chummy! 🙂Tried again within seconds only to find I’d dropped about ten places in the queue! Surprise surprise! Anyhow, got into single figures and lo and behold, ‘something went wrong’ ….again! 
They’re more elusive than EE! Even their complaints procedure only gives you limited options, and none involve speaking to anyone. 
I get the impression that there are countless companies in the UK nowadays, giving shoddy service whilst being totally unaccountable. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to agree with you i reckon since covid there's countless companies in the uk giving shoddy service while being totally unaccountable 

I just phoned the doctors for a repeat prescription and and asked for my repeat prescription to be handed across the road to Lloyds chemist to be told there's a 10 to 14 wait but if i go to the doctors and pick it up and walk in there's about a 20 minute wait ?

They now are getting nearly all the drugs delivered there's a van goes round the chemists every day dropping boxes of prescriptions off , But when your waiting at the front counter there's another huge room threw the back filled with drugs are these just for show ? there's all so three pharmacists working in there but they all go for lunch between 1-2 pm and don't go on a Tuesday that's when the addicts get there methadone 

No never had a problem with DPD or Hermies tbh I know people slate them , but as said it’s down to the individual, and yes it’s easy for companies to hide behind automated services blaming covid for huge queues , I actually got through to one company quicker by using the chat service on the pc whilst still being held in a queue on the phone 🤔🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Expected an item from Scott Country International today, and designated a place for DPD to put it lest I was out. Anyhow, was rained off ( again) so was home and with about 20 mins of slot still to go received a text to say ‘Sorry we missed you. Your delivery driver won’t be back today but will try again tomorrow’! 

Phoned Scott Country to tell them, and he said he would try ringing them but said he doubted they’d be back as they never usually are when this happens. I suggested if it was common practise perhaps they should consider another courier as these ones obviously aren’t up to the job, 
Anyhow, tried to contact DPD, got in the queue ( if in fact one exists ) and ‘something went wrong…..check your internet connection and try again’ . Nothing wrong with my internet now chummy! 🙂Tried again within seconds only to find I’d dropped about ten places in the queue! Surprise surprise! Anyhow, got into single figures and lo and behold, ‘something went wrong’ ….again! 
They’re more elusive than EE! Even their complaints procedure only gives you limited options, and none involve speaking to anyone. 
I get the impression that there are countless companies in the UK nowadays, giving shoddy service whilst being totally unaccountable. 

FOR GAWDS SAKE SCULLY .........POST SUMMAT THAT AINT SO DEPRESSING.........IVE ONLY JUST RECOVERED FROM YOUR...COMMPUTOR PROBLEMS..:big_boss:

6 minutes ago, ditchman said:

FOR GAWDS SAKE SCULLY .........POST SUMMAT THAT AINT SO DEPRESSING.........IVE ONLY JUST RECOVERED FROM YOUR...COMMPUTOR PROBLEMS..:big_boss:

😀 I know! Service companies and me just don’t seem to get on presently! 
Had a look online and they don’t seem to have many fans at all! 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Scully

Just happen to the wife, did not bother to call, just left on the bin cupboard by the gate, only knew when she had an email with a picture, DPD  are calling her tomorrow as she rated the delivery as **** i shall be enjoying that phone call 

tbf he is not our usual driver but it’s not the point

Edited by alan123shooting

I have nothing but praise for DPD, even during the pandemic when Royal Mail all sat at home DPD were still delivering next day, had a parcel from mid wales to Bucks within a day. I am currently having a set of brake shoes re-lined, they are irreplacable - I have asked that the company doing the work use DPD to deliver them back and I'm happy to pay the extra. Our local DPD guy could not be nicer.

22 minutes ago, ninjaferret said:

HERPES, once left my parcel in the bin , thick person didn't realise the bin was out to be emptied. Needless to say, i didn't get that parcel, or even an apology...... 

The exact same thing nearly happened to me the parcel was a brand new ff6 flightline flapper luckily we had cctv to check what they had been upto when no one was in to sign for it 

18 minutes ago, Stephen-H said:

The exact same thing nearly happened to me the parcel was a brand new ff6 flightline flapper luckily we had cctv to check what they had been upto when no one was in to sign for it 

I had cctv to see the nugget do it, and less than 5 minutes later the bin man come to empty it.....

If you're ordering from somewhere ask who they use for delivery, if its a company you have trouble with tell the seller that you'll order from someone else because of their courier. If enough people do it they will take notice.

I get loads of delivery's, there are a few decent ones and a lot of could do betters.

5 hours ago, Scully said:

Scully, were you born on the 13th? Are you a 7th son of a 7th son? Is your middle name Jonah? 

1 hour ago, manthing said:

If you're ordering from somewhere ask who they use for delivery, if its a company you have trouble with tell the seller that you'll order from someone else because of their courier. If enough people do it they will take notice.

I get loads of delivery's, there are a few decent ones and a lot of could do betters.

I ordered online, and can’t recall if their courier was specified. I phoned Scott Country today and told them I wasn’t impressed with their choice, adding that if it wasn’t delivered tomorrow, and I had to travel to the depot to collect it ( after paying for it to be delivered ) I wouldn’t be using them again. 
I doubt they’ll lose any sleep over it. 

5 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Scully, were you born on the 13th? Are you a 7th son of a 7th son? Is your middle name Jonah? 

How did you guess? 😀

The worst one I have come across is xkp they sent me an email yesterday to tell me that they had attempted a delivery at 4pm but there was no one in how strange as I was stood outside talking to my neighbours at that exact time. 

Edited by The Heron
Missing word