DPD

Scully

21 hours ago, Scully said:

Expected an item from Scott Country International today, and designated a place for DPD to put it lest I was out. Anyhow, was rained off ( again) so was home and with about 20 mins of slot still to go received a text to say ‘Sorry we missed you. Your delivery driver won’t be back today but will try again tomorrow’! 
They didn’t miss me, they never came!

Phoned Scott Country to tell them, and he said he would try ringing them but said he doubted they’d be back as they never usually are when this happens. I suggested if it was common practise perhaps they should consider another courier as these ones obviously aren’t up to the job, 
and that they can’t ‘come back’ if they haven’t been. 
Anyhow, tried to contact DPD, got in the queue ( if in fact one exists ) and ‘something went wrong…..check your internet connection and try again’ . Nothing wrong with my internet now chummy! 🙂Tried again within seconds only to find I’d dropped about ten places in the queue! Surprise surprise! Anyhow, got into single figures and lo and behold, ‘something went wrong’ ….again! 
They’re more elusive than EE! Even their complaints procedure only gives you limited options, and none involve speaking to anyone. 
I get the impression that there are countless companies in the UK nowadays, giving shoddy service whilst being totally unaccountable. 

They take their lead from our politicians?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost all delivery services are good.  On time with no problem...... 1 did just leave a padded envelope on the bin outside.  No door bell .  Good job it wasn't raining or windy or a light finger was passing.  I saw the bloke on the cctv but I've just had an Achilles tendon operation so I  couldn't get out there to have it out with the bloke.

9 minutes ago, Minky said:

Almost all delivery services are good.  On time with no problem...... 1 did just leave a padded envelope on the bin outside.  No door bell .  Good job it wasn't raining or windy or a light finger was passing.  I saw the bloke on the cctv but I've just had an Achilles tendon operation so I  couldn't get out there to have it out with the bloke.

DPD aren’t very popular from what I’ve seen online. Todays delivery is due in an hour. We’ll see what happens. 

6 minutes ago, Scully said:

DPD aren’t very popular from what I’ve seen online. Todays delivery is due in an hour. We’ll see what happens. 

Wait round the corner with a bat. Or drive a car across road until you get delivery.  Have Faith brother.  Full speed ahead and trust in the Lord. 😊

3 hours ago, Minky said:

Wait round the corner with a bat. Or drive a car across road until you get delivery.  Have Faith brother.  Full speed ahead and trust in the Lord. 😊

Received an alert via ( ‘never miss another delivery with our free app!’ ) DPD’s app which I downloaded last night, that ‘your driver Ryan ( Ryan has 5 stars after his name 🙂) will deliver your parcel between 1455 and 1555 today.

Jolly good; informed OH who was home. Sorted. 
At 1504 received another alert that ‘Ryan is 30 minutes away from your address. He is delivering parcel no 52 and yours is parcel no 60’. Sorted. 
Received a text from OH at 1700 saying there was no parcel. 
Had a look in my ‘designated safe place’ once home to find the cupboard as bare as that of old mother Hubbard. App now informs me ‘your parcel couldn’t be delivered today as the driver couldn’t find your address’! 
Methinks Ryan’s star rating is over-rated. 🤔

My parcel ‘is due for delivery Thursday’. My parcel was due to be delivered yesterday. 

Gordon Bennett!  :rolleyes:

Here at work in Peterborough the pillock of a Portuguese DHL driver turned up again, I told him again to deliver his parcels to the correct place rather than just dropping them inside the wrong door. He became quite agitated, but did deliver the 20 lap tops to the correct place. Apparently he was quite annoyed when he took them to the correct door and it delayed him.

If he followed simple written instructions he would be in and out far more quickly!

Bloody useless couriers.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

13 minutes ago, Scully said:

‘your parcel couldn’t be delivered today as the driver couldn’t find your address’! 

This is not unusual for us also - both the front and side entrances have number plate size and style house names but is not unusual for the phone to ring with the driver asking where we are, whist parked 20 m away on the other side of the road.

41 minutes ago, Scully said:

Received an alert via ( ‘never miss another delivery with our free app!’ ) DPD’s app which I downloaded last night, that ‘your driver Ryan ( Ryan has 5 stars after his name 🙂) will deliver your parcel between 1455 and 1555 today.

Jolly good; informed OH who was home. Sorted. 
At 1504 received another alert that ‘Ryan is 30 minutes away from your address. He is delivering parcel no 52 and yours is parcel no 60’. Sorted. 
Received a text from OH at 1700 saying there was no parcel. 
Had a look in my ‘designated safe place’ once home to find the cupboard as bare as that of old mother Hubbard. App now informs me ‘your parcel couldn’t be delivered today as the driver couldn’t find your address’! 
Methinks Ryan’s star rating is over-rated. 🤔

My parcel ‘is due for delivery Thursday’. My parcel was due to be delivered yesterday. 

Some of them just really are so xxxx.

39 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Gordon Bennett!  

Here at work in Peterborough the pillock of a Portuguese DHL driver turned up again, I told him again to deliver his parcels to the correct place rather than just dropping them inside the wrong door. He became quite agitated, but did deliver the 20 lap tops to the correct place. Apparently he was quite annoyed when he took them to the correct door and it delayed him.

If he followed simple written instructions he would be in and out far more quickly!

Bloody useless couriers.

If he could follow simple written instructions,  he'd be able to get a decent job.

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

Just received a DPD alert that Connor is my delivery driver today, and that he is four hours away. He is on parcel delivery No 1 and I’m 67 on his list. 
Connor has a star rating of 4.6. 🙂

Well if Connor is on time, polite and delivers to your "Special" place he might rise to 4.7 Stars.  :good:

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well if Connor is on time, polite and delivers to your "Special" place he might rise to 4.7 Stars.  :good:

He might indeed. Time will tell. 🙂

Scott Country contacted me last night and said they can’t figure out what’s going on; them and me both. I need some picatinny rails now, but will shop elsewhere. 

25 minutes ago, Scully said:

He might indeed. Time will tell. 🙂

Scott Country contacted me last night and said they can’t figure out what’s going on; them and me both. I need some picatinny rails now, but will shop elsewhere. 

Simply put, someone needs to look up the literal meaning of the word "COURIER" and work along those lines. GOOD LUCK.

I tend to buy quite a bit of stuff through Amazon and only once was there a problem. The item.a mixing bowl.... had not been packed securely anyway but it had been thrown onto my concrete doorstep smashing it to pieces. A replacement arrived the next morning in good order and Amazon covered the return of the brocken item complete with message from me suggesting the packer should be sacked.   Have a few deliveries through DPD and always been spot on.   I am on the Prime system with Amazon and I can order something 3pm to get it the following afternoon at about the same time. Their delivery here appears to be a regular route between 3pm and 6pm.

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Just received a DPD alert that Connor is my delivery driver today, and that he is four hours away. He is on parcel delivery No 1 and I’m 67 on his list. 
Connor has a star rating of 4.6. 🙂

I wouldn't get too excited yet scully . If Ryan 5 stars couldn't find your house , then Connor 4.6 stars is really going to struggle 😁.

For a real tale of incompetance you need to look to the RM. When I bought my .22lr about 15+ years ago it was shipped to my local RFD as the law stipulated at the time, as the driver arrived at my RFD so early in the morning that the shop was not open, he left the rifle leant up against the front door (it was in a box so not obvious exactly what was inside but a tall box outside a gunshop??)

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

For a real tale of incompetance you need to look to the RM. When I bought my .22lr about 15+ years ago it was shipped to my local RFD as the law stipulated at the time, as the driver arrived at my RFD so early in the morning that the shop was not open, he left the rifle leant up against the front door (it was in a box so not obvious exactly what was inside but a tall box outside a gunshop??)

😳

Right! Was in town and noticed a DPD van and chatted to the driver, it wasn’t Connor. 
As I got in my vehicle to come home got an alert that Connor was 30 mins away, exactly how long it would take me to get home! 
About two miles from home had to pull over as my phone rang…it was Connor! He was in the village but heading in the wrong direction, so after getting home turned round I directed him to my house, and lo and behold my parcel was in my safe place! Well done Connor! He’s a five star in my book! 
Need some picatinny rails now, but reluctantly it’s Amazon I’m afraid. 

17 minutes ago, Scully said:

😳

Right! Was in town and noticed a DPD van and chatted to the driver, it wasn’t Connor. 
As I got in my vehicle to come home got an alert that Connor was 30 mins away, exactly how long it would take me to get home! 
About two miles from home had to pull over as my phone rang…it was Connor! He was in the village but heading in the wrong direction, so after getting home turned round I directed him to my house, and lo and behold my parcel was in my safe place! Well done Connor! He’s a five star in my book! 

Well done Connor.  You are the dpd star player👍.

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

But let's be honest, he didn't have much to beat did he?

He's definitely the star player . At least he had the initiative to call scully when he couldn't find his house . Ryan 5 stars just went home and had his tea 😁.

4 hours ago, Scully said:

😳

To be frank young sir, having just bought an electric scooter of ancient oriental origin, who's name does not seem to exist, Amazon have been an absolute life saver, from chargers to brake shoes they have had them here next day compared to 5-6 days on the bay of Plenty and Amazon have been cheaper to boot.