Are these ok for a tikka?

Dazv

Hi guys, I’ve got to change scope on my tikka t3 in .243 I’ve got a S&b 8x56 as everyone seems to rate them for staking. My question is about mounts, I’ve got a set of optilock bases but no rings as they were leant to me but I need to give them back to the owner. I’m not able to splash out on optilock rings rings at the moment(first baby on the way) so I was wondering what you guys thought about this mounts from sports match? Will they fit and able able to cope with a centerfire? Thanks so much in advance I really appreciate it! 
darren 

https://www.uttings.co.uk/p132086-sportsmatch-uk-2-piece-25mm-high-mounts-15mm-dovetail-for-cz527-fox-ht082/

Edited by Dazv

Ive used sportsmach on my 25-06 and 22-250 and they've been fine.

The issues i've had have been that the base clamps are not as 'exact' as some others so swapping the bases around (front to back) does offset the zero, but once they are set up, and tightened down they are fine.

I have Talley rings on my Tikka and rate them highly. Here in NZ, new Tikka rifles come with rings. They're a bit marmite, some think they're good, others regard them as unreliable. As a result, you cannot sell Tikka factory rings. I gave my last set away to a deserving young hunter. Anyway, agree with the comments above, do it once and do it right if you can. Unreliable mounts will cost you money in the long run re: ammunition wasted. 

1 hour ago, Houseplant said:

I have Talley rings on my Tikka and rate them highly. Here in NZ, new Tikka rifles come with rings. They're a bit marmite, some think they're good, others regard them as unreliable. As a result, you cannot sell Tikka factory rings. I gave my last set away to a deserving young hunter. Anyway, agree with the comments above, do it once and do it right if you can. Unreliable mounts will cost you money in the long run re: ammunition wasted. 

I could not agree  more with the last paragraph. 

When I bought my Tikka I was given a set of mounts to try (with the option to buy) by a friend. These were two piece mounts and gave me a lot of trouble  but I did not realise why at the time.I tried many different bullets through the gun but nothing would zero.I would get it on zero then a week later it would be off by up to 7/8 inches having only sat in the cabinet in the meantime. I really thought I had a dud rifle.Eventually I brought it to a gunsmith and he put a camera down the barrel and every other check he could think of but nothing showed up.As he lifted it at one stage he noticed a slight bubble in the oil of the joint between the two pieces of the front mount.I don't usually oil mounts but wasn't sure if I was going to buy these so wanted them pristine if I was going to return them.On further inspection there was a lot of give between the two parts so we removed them and the next day I bought the Warne mounts and had them fitted by the shop. They have been perfect ever since and I can nearly put bullet on bullet at 100m which is good enough for me.I shot 3 red hinds out of a group all between 160 and 210m and all neck shots a few days later. I only missed one deer after that for the rest of the season which was my own fault but it cost me 2 or 3 missed deer and about 5 boxes of bullets before I got the problem sorted.Those wasted bullets would have paid for the mounts in the first instance.