Sage fly rod

snow white

I am selling this sage rod for my friend who is not a p/w it’s a 10 foot 7 weight two piece rod it’s been customised for a Mr K Moyer R 97

we are thinking the 97 was when it was customised for him the is a very nice action rod.

He is asking £300 Ono

07A6D538-FEE6-4450-9AF0-517100F488DB.jpeg

0AEE1165-9681-4815-BCFD-2449BF2DFA8A.jpeg

0054115C-6225-49EE-8063-3E90EB5103BC.jpeg

B5D14E90-3F9B-47F9-9ADE-56A99ED27248.jpeg

Not being cheeky or nowt, but i am a professional ghillie, and to be honest if he gets £30 for it he is doing well. Todays market is flooded with them and as you say its a 97 model, thats 25 year s old. Technology in rod building has came on leaps and bounds since them. I have a cupboard full of salmon fly rods and i know i wont use half of them again, and will not get much for them, if anything.

1 hour ago, billytheghillie said:

Not being cheeky or nowt, but i am a professional ghillie, and to be honest if he gets £30 for it he is doing well. Todays market is flooded with them and as you say its a 97 model, thats 25 year s old. Technology in rod building has came on leaps and bounds since them. I have a cupboard full of salmon fly rods and i know i wont use half of them again, and will not get much for them, if anything.

Bravely said - and truthful! 

I picked up a similar age Sage Salmon rod, 15ft, other than a few marks to varnish in good nick. £25 but sans tube from locally.

RPL's with aluminium tube go for about £100 on evilbay.

On evilBay there are dozens of similar Sage rods,  sitting at £200+ and never shift.

Edited by Stonepark

11 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Yes, these are the times we live in, people hoard loads of stuff thinking it will be worth loads in years to come, when infact it should be going in the skip.

No! Not the skip!

It’s criminal that people throw away good useful goods. 

1 hour ago, CaptC said:

No! Not the skip!

It’s criminal that people throw away good useful goods. 

I was at the local recycling centre a few weeks ago and someone had tossed a wooden music console which had broken open to reveal a valve amplifier with beefy transformers.  Looked like a real quality item.  Wish now I'd taken photos to do some research on what exactly was there.

19 minutes ago, serrac said:

I was at the local recycling centre a few weeks ago and someone had tossed a wooden music console which had broken open to reveal a valve amplifier with beefy transformers.  Looked like a real quality item.  Wish now I'd taken photos to do some research on what exactly was there.

You should have taken it.

I bet it all got parted out and sold on EvilBay.

Our local "recycling" is Alcatraz in reverse - even looking in a skip causes comments. It's rumoured that all the goodies are sent to auction(s) but more like landfill!

I was at a car boot sale today, Shakespeare Worcestershire 11' boron fly rod - £30. I offered £20 and was refused (as was the seller's right) but it was still there when I left. He thought it was worth £80 ("Plenty on eBay" I was told) I politely suggested he lists his rod.  

When my Godmother died in 19xx or thereabouts she left me £1000. I bought a Hardy Marquis #6 two piece from Powell's in Carr's Lane, Birmingham and a Hardy Marquis Disc #6 reel and a spare spool. I sold the reels some many many years ago and replaced it with a standard Marquis #6 reel as even back then spools for the disc version were hard to find. I cannot remember what I paid but I doubt the rod is worth even a quarter of the price.