Winchester 101 xtr

wisdom

On 04/08/2022 at 17:52, wisdom said:

A gunshop fairly near to me has a 101 xtr diamongrade in.

Are there any particular problems to look out for?It looks to be in good order from the photos.

Biggest problem is spares and any one telling you that you can get them from the States or where ever should have a go at getting them for you  . ,Have a really close look at the ejector hammers/kickers for signs of cracks as these do tend to break .There is also a  tendency for a cocking problem due to wear on the forend cam , but any competent gunsmith can put this right without a big bill ,Strikers and main /ejector springs can be made or adapted . 

Personally I think they are generally over priced for an obsolete gun but have always liked them for there handling compared to guns of a similar vintage .

Were you shooting trap or sporting? 

Sporting. It was fine on going away clays. If I shoot any DTL, I would use it or leave it in cabinet for usage when any of my lads have a shoot. I won't be using it in a hurry. 🙂

Edited by Gordon R

46 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Sporting. It was fine on going away clays. If I shoot and DTL, I would use it or leave it in cabinet for usage when any of my lads have a shoot. I won't be using it in a hurry. 🙂

Fair enough. Must admit I’m now salivating a bit at the thought of one though.