Jump to content

New scope day


Mice!
 Share

Recommended Posts

It's an Optisan EVE 4-16x44pi with the NMH10 ret, I don't fully understand the ret yet, But I'll read the manual again a few times and use it, I wanted it for the glass and the mag having read up on the scope, but I didn't want the EVX because I don't dial.

The scope is lovely and clear but a little sensitive on head position, the ret is really clear, especially when I've been using the Simmons for a good while now.

 

This is my first 30mm scope, so needed new mounts and I went for Sportsmatch HTO36C high mounts to suit the BSA rail. I could probably have got away with mediums, but I've got a massive swede and I like to be able to get my thumb between the scope as this is often how I pick it up.

 

This is also my first SF scope, it's certainly a lot easier than reaching for the front of the scope!

 

I took a while getting everything set up, I don't like the bipod but it came in handy for this.

Screenshot_20220805-135226_Gallery.jpg.892fc97d0ebccc2d74db223dc0507bed.jpg

Seemed strange taking the Simmons off as its a great hunting scope. 

Screenshot_20220805-135215_Gallery.jpg.1eee8c48cbf767dd00338e97487adaa5.jpg

 

So onto some shooting,  I was sat at the patio doors shooting off the workmate,  not ideal, the gun was supported but my right elbow wasn't resting,  but there was too much stuff in the garage to shoot where I normally do.

 

Out to 20mtrs was sheltered but 20-35 was blowing left to right with little gusts, the finer ret made a real difference, usually past 25 I can't see the 13mm dots I'm aiming at as the cross hair covers them.

 

Nice having the hash marks to use for hold overs.

Screenshot_20220805-135622_Gallery.jpg.34f1bfc5dc6b7cc3e95981bf5984b2a8.jpg

 

Happy enough for now but I'll have to shoot again properly rested to see if any fine tuning is needed.

Then I'll need to see how I get on in the woods, looking forward to using the IR and seeing how bright the 30mm tube is.

Cheers.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very nice  mice .an up grde in scope can sometimes make a huge difference in the accuracy potential  of a gun .

I got a hawke compact  6 -24 x 50 for my scorp  and the quality is amazing even compared  to my 6-24 x56  sidewinder . It's also really good for dailing as well as hold over with the amx ret . 

Enjoy . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Mice! said:

It's an Optisan EVE 4-16x44pi with the NMH10 ret, I don't fully understand the ret yet, But I'll read the manual again a few times and use it, I wanted it for the glass and the mag having read up on the scope, but I didn't want the EVX because I don't dial.

The scope is lovely and clear but a little sensitive on head position, the ret is really clear, especially when I've been using the Simmons for a good while now.

 

This is my first 30mm scope, so needed new mounts and I went for Sportsmatch HTO36C high mounts to suit the BSA rail. I could probably have got away with mediums, but I've got a massive swede and I like to be able to get my thumb between the scope as this is often how I pick it up.

 

This is also my first SF scope, it's certainly a lot easier than reaching for the front of the scope!

 

I took a while getting everything set up, I don't like the bipod but it came in handy for this.

Screenshot_20220805-135226_Gallery.jpg.892fc97d0ebccc2d74db223dc0507bed.jpg

Seemed strange taking the Simmons off as its a great hunting scope. 

Screenshot_20220805-135215_Gallery.jpg.1eee8c48cbf767dd00338e97487adaa5.jpg

 

So onto some shooting,  I was sat at the patio doors shooting off the workmate,  not ideal, the gun was supported but my right elbow wasn't resting,  but there was too much stuff in the garage to shoot where I normally do.

 

Out to 20mtrs was sheltered but 20-35 was blowing left to right with little gusts, the finer ret made a real difference, usually past 25 I can't see the 13mm dots I'm aiming at as the cross hair covers them.

 

Nice having the hash marks to use for hold overs.

Screenshot_20220805-135622_Gallery.jpg.34f1bfc5dc6b7cc3e95981bf5984b2a8.jpg

 

Happy enough for now but I'll have to shoot again properly rested to see if any fine tuning is needed.

Then I'll need to see how I get on in the woods, looking forward to using the IR and seeing how bright the 30mm tube is.

Cheers.

 

Should be good out to 800yds bud? 😀

Enjoy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Very nice  mice .an up grde in scope can sometimes make a huge difference in the accuracy potential  of a gun .

I got a hawke compact  6 -24 x 50 for my scorp  and the quality is amazing even compared  to my 6-24 x56  sidewinder . It's also really good for dailing as well as hold over with the amx ret . 

Enjoy . 

Cheers mate, it'll take a bit of getting used to but I'd been on the look out for something at the right price for a while now. 

Certainly makes a difference having that bit more mag.

1 minute ago, old man said:

Should be good out to 800yds bud? 😀

Enjoy.

800yds 🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Cheers mate, it'll take a bit of getting used to but I'd been on the look out for something at the right price for a while now. 

Certainly makes a difference having that bit more mag.

800yds 🤣🤣

Yep mag is good for us matures.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...