Water shortage - who's doing what?

Dave-G

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you concerned about, exactly?

Actual, water shortages where nothing comes out the tap?  Or hosepipe bans?  I’d personally be more worried about lack of power to run the water pumping stations.  Or anything else in your home.  Because you can recycle your own bathwater as much as you like, if you can’t get the clean stuff out the tap to drink or cook with, you’re, uh, hosed.

As for a hosepipe ban, all I will say is:  Only time I use a hose is to water my animals, which I believe is exempt.

26 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

I usually have my annual one in August 🤭

find the warm weather save’s on towels that I turn save’s on washing them 

far more eco down south 😂

You soft southerners are such show offs 😁

6 hours ago, discobob said:

If Wales gets independent you can all buy their water to keep them afloat!!

one problem there my boy...........you will have to deal with "Mad dog Mark Drakeford".....ask him a question it will take 10 years for an answer

37 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I shall stick to my annual Christmas shower , whether I need it , or not !.😁

and then save the water heat it up ...add milk and sugar......damn good cup of tea

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

one problem there my boy...........you will have to deal with "Mad dog Mark Drakeford".....ask him a question it will take 10 years for an answer

and then save the water heat it up ...add milk and sugar......damn good cup of tea

I'm sensing a business opportunity.  Do you reckon sweaty binman teabags would sell well ?.

Hello, I see many water companies have issued a hose pipe ban, far to late if I'm honest as usual with UK government organisations ,  The EA , our farmers in the TWA area are having a hard time coping while 100s of 1000s gallons of water are leaking from pipes, we are doing our best said a spokes woman , TWA had to pay millions of £s in fines , that would have payed for more staff to cover leaking pipes

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

16 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I see many water companies have issued a hose pipe ban, far to late if I'm honest as usual with UK government organisations ,  The EA , our farmers in the TWA area are having a hard time coping while 100s of 1000s gallons of water are leaking from pipes, we are doing our best said a spokes woman , TWA had to pay millions of £s in fines , that would have payed for more staff to cover leaking pipes

Hello, with this hot weather it does come with tragedy as another young life gone while swimming in the Thames 

On 09/08/2022 at 09:47, MirokuMK70 said:

I'm drinking my own urine...

the proper way to drink urine is to get someone to pour your wee thro some spagnun moss then put a homemade funnel in your bottom and pour it in........

then apply for a reduction in your sewage rates

21 minutes ago, ditchman said:

the proper way to drink urine is to get someone to pour your wee thro some spagnun moss then put a homemade funnel in your bottom and pour it in........

then apply for a reduction in your sewage rates

If you fancy a crack at it , I'll hold your legs while you do a handstand.  It'll just need another pw volunteer to insert the funnel , and pour it in.

Hands up if you want to be ditchmans new urine waiter .

54 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Thats when it really gets bad. 

the stupid thing is ..........it shouldnt be like this at all..........this is a result of simply GREED.....putting money into peoples pockets to the detriment of the enviroment/people

the sacking of 30,000 plus water bayliffs......allowing construction on backfilled reservoirs....no reservoirs built in 30 years.....total rape of our aquifers.....lack lustre effort in replacing old network pipes..........

need i go on...........and what makes my pee boil is ....IT IS THE PEOPLES FAULT........

i have ranted on this topic 5 times now........the water companies are nothing but thugs and theives.......

what also angers me is the media do not really understand what has drawn us to this position......the media are thick as ****.........