M6 CHAOS TODAY.

Westley

Was on the M6 northbound today (going to Malmo Guns). We joined the tail end of the queue at Preston. It was nose to tail, stop start to about 2 miles from Lancaster services.  The cause......signs depicting the nearside lane was closed at 800 yards, then reducing in 200 yard intervals. All nearside lane traffic was moving into centre lane, thus causing the 12 miles plus tailbacks. At the scene of the roadworks, NOTHING  !  Everything on the hard shoulder. It appears the work is being done at night and some plonker had not removed the signs this morning  😡

10 hours ago, Diver One said:

Whoops!

we always go on the A6 as we've usually been shooting at Wyre

so,what did you buy?

Traded in my ProSport for an MK38 sporter. Almost a pound lighter than the ProSport.  Since Covid last April, I have been struggling with the guns weight, despite doing lifting exercises to try and help ease situation. I don't think age helps  !  I was dropping more targets on the last 4/5 stands than I had throughout the rest of the course  ?

So, it's 'watch this space'   🤔 

On 09/08/2022 at 08:17, Westley said:

Traded in my ProSport for an MK38 sporter. Almost a pound lighter than the ProSport.  Since Covid last April, I have been struggling with the guns weight, despite doing lifting exercises to try and help ease situation. I don't think age helps  !  I was dropping more targets on the last 4/5 stands than I had throughout the rest of the course  ?

So, it's 'watch this space'   🤔 

Great shop and Bryan is great at customer service. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well,I am presently at  my daughters in sleaforth Lincs. Stopping with her, granddaughters and son in law. Tomorrow is a trip to see,Wabbitbosher! It would be rude not too.      Watch this space for any new additions!, don't know what I fancy until I see it OR what I want 😂

It is time that companies faced massive fines for unnecessary delays, Traffic lights when nodody is working and you can see there's no traffic the other side, signs left by the roadside weeks after work has been completed and single lane traffic when soneone cannot be bothered to park their Transit on the verge whilst working in the Ditch, Highways Agency should be on this but, lets face it, they are a total waste of space.

Edited by bruno22rf

11 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

It is time that companies faced massive fines for unnecessary delays, Traffic lights when nodody is working and you can see there's no traffic the other side, signs left by the roadside weeks after work has been completed and single lane traffic when soneone cannot be bothered to park their Transit on the verge whilst working in the Ditch, Highways Agency should be on this but, lets face it, they are a total waste of space.

If only that might happen. 

Currently there is a single lane and a 40mph limit under a footbridge over the A47 near the Hospital in Peterborough, initially to repair the footbridge. but now to completely replace it 40 feet away. Has been going on for the best part of a year with extremely slow progress.

On the A1 at Wittering, some management clown has decided to have a lot of the armco barriers replaced, so what do they do? They put in average speed cameras for 8 months with a 40 mph limit. You never see anyone working, but occasionally a new section appears in place. Must be a massive team of two doing the work!