PARD007 v or s

30-6

5 hours ago, 30-6 said:

Are the Hawkes Vantage SF scopes compatible with the above ?

Hello, yes but best with lowest magnification model 

5 hours ago, 30-6 said:

In the PARD 007 nv add on, which is the latest the v or the s ?

Also, which one is better, what's the difference between them ?

Cheers

Hello, I think V is the latest  version, not sure on difference , mine was first model, 

My two penneth , the S is a different design all together  , slightly shorter , battery is upright but can catch on the bolt of some rifles from what im lead to believe , i think the camera etc is the same but some reports say the image and IR is better , the V version came out just after the S becuase of the bolt catching issue i think ,  dare say someone with more knowledge will be along shortly

Edited by telf

6 hours ago, 30-6 said:

In the PARD 007 nv add on, which is the latest the v or the s ?

Also, which one is better, what's the difference between them ?

Cheers

The S is better, better made , less plasticky and waterproof, shorter ,for better eye relief.

6 hours ago, 30-6 said:

Are the Hawkes Vantage SF scopes compatible with the above ?

Yes. Lower mag the better.

24 minutes ago, telf said:

battery is upright but can catch on the bolt of some rifles from what im lead to believe

Limited to very few rifles , often with larger boltknobs , there are workarounds.

24 minutes ago, telf said:

i think the camera etc is the same but some reports say the image and IR is better

The camera/ sensor is different, much more sensitive, IR seems very strong on mine (Chinese import)

A thing to note is the V , which is basically the same as the older A , with a few tweaks, is available in 12 and 16 mm versions (12mm being better for higher base mag scopes)
The S is only available in 16mm, but theres a reason for this , the peculiar refractory design of the S seems to lower the base mag of the 16mm lens to somewhere in between the 1.2 x of the 12mm and the 1.6 x of the 16mm.
Ive compared all 3 , and this is my conclusion, the S model will work very well with 5 and 6x mag scopes, and possibly higher.
If you have the extra £200 , go for the S .

44 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The S is better, better made , less plasticky and waterproof, shorter ,for better eye relief.

Yes. Lower mag the better.

Limited to very few rifles , often with larger boltknobs , there are workarounds.

The camera/ sensor is different, much more sensitive, IR seems very strong on mine (Chinese import)

A thing to note is the V , which is basically the same as the older A , with a few tweaks, is available in 12 and 16 mm versions (12mm being better for higher base mag scopes)
The S is only available in 16mm, but theres a reason for this , the peculiar refractory design of the S seems to lower the base mag of the 16mm lens to somewhere in between the 1.2 x of the 12mm and the 1.6 x of the 16mm.
Ive compared all 3 , and this is my conclusion, the S model will work very well with 5 and 6x mag scopes, and possibly higher.
If you have the extra £200 , go for the S .

Fair play to you sir , i knew somebody would come along that had greater knowledge than mine 👍

Well thanks boys, a lot of good information there.

At the moment I am using a Photon on my .223, and knocking foxes over up to around 100 yds with ease. But change from Photon to day scope as needed, no real hardship but would like a day / night all in one with better NV image.

Was thinking of getting the Wraith Ultra but the weight is putting me off. I have a couple of day scopes with AO, but reading says SF is better. So if I do go Pard will need to get a SF scope.

The Photon can then go on something else.

Thanks again for your input, much appreciated.

Rewulf, reading your post again, when you say will work with 6x mag, do you mean a fixed mag or still better to have a SF scope?

Just now, 30-6 said:

I have a couple of day scopes with AO, but reading says SF is better.

Side focus is only recommended , because at night , with the IR shining , putting your hand on the front of the AO scope blocks the beam, plus reaching forward can be uncomfortable.
Ill be honest, Im using a 5x base mag scope with SF and a 007 S , I rarely mag up from 5x and never need to change parrallax , I shoot out to 300 yards with this combo.
This is with a separate (Sirius XTL) IR torch I must add, the on board IR is good to 200 +.