Plane tracker type app

harrycatcat1

I can remember coming out of the workshop office door and looking up to a pure white jet in a blue sky.Β  I checked and it had come from Chicago and was going to Frankfurt.Β  Β Amazing to think that there might have been hundreds of people or many tons of freight going overhead like a dot up there. How the fuel in that plane propelled all of that over that distance is amazing.

On 12/08/2022 at 18:45, Minky said:

I can remember coming out of the workshop office door and looking up to a pure white jet in a blue sky.Β  I checked and it had come from Chicago and was going to Frankfurt.Β  Β Amazing to think that there might have been hundreds of people or many tons of freight going overhead like a dot up there. How the fuel in that plane propelled all of that over that distance is amazing.

Yes it is amazing, I am really loving this "app" surprised how many DHL planes there are πŸ€”

I loaded ADS B Exchange on the other day, and am now fascinated by the regularity of civilian small plane flights (and now a drone from near Dungeness) conducting what appear to be sweeps of the English Channel just off the French and English coast. I have spotted British, Belgian and Dutch aircraft, but oddly, no French.

Any info, anyone?

Edited by amateur
update

I use an app called marine traffic when walking along the cliffs (North Kent coast) which gives not only commercial vessels but smaller fishing and sailing craft. Quite interesting to find out the cargoes and destinations etc.

Tried it on the south coast (Deal/Dover) but unfortunately it doesn’t pick up rubber dinghies !

Thanks for the heads up on the planes app. Will give that a go… if it’s free.

OB