Miroku 800

mossy835

I own a Miroku 800SW sports/game gun, bought it new in the 70s, never missed beat, fantastic guns.

Although they are engineered to a high standard just make sure its not had a hard life and poor care, check the ejectors for excessive wear, pull them out as far as they will go and look for excessive movement in the dovetail.

I have one with black action. Bought many moons ago as new, having shot less than 100 shells. They're built like a tank. I've put less than 500 shells through it as I am more into rifles. Wouldn't ever part with it though, despite the obvious limitations of 26" skeet barrels in the field. 

17 hours ago, beanieboy said:

I have one with black action. Bought many moons ago as new, having shot less than 100 shells. They're built like a tank. I've put less than 500 shells through it as I am more into rifles. Wouldn't ever part with it though, despite the obvious limitations of 26" skeet barrels in the field. 

this one is black action as well.

On 11/08/2022 at 16:11, mossy835 said:

im going to look at a Miroku 800 26"barrel. are they a good gun.

Decent old guns ,but the same problem as with all obsolete guns , no spares .

One thing to check is the bore sizes .Some of these older guns are proof stamped at .719 but measure .728" . This was in the days before the Proof houses had realised that the barrels were bored to metric sizes and were measured with plug gauges so if it did not take a .719 plug it was stamped at .729".

Mine's got the narrow rib, black action..... bored cylinder/cylinder and its been an old faithful to both my dad and then to myself almost 20 years ago.  It just shoots where I look and I never think about it being open bored...... nice gun.

The only thing its ever needed was a new top lever return spring. 

cheers

Fizz

A few years ago J&P Springs over in the US had Miroku springs 👍

Just looked… nothing specifically marked as for the 800 but I’m sure they’d  do their best to help

https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/MIROKU-PARTS-c20995174

Edit… Damn, just noticed they no longer ship internationally. But, iirc Kinneys listed J&P stuff and as far as I know they still ship … Kinneys are really helpful 👍

cheers

fizz

Edited by fizzbangwhallop