When did the Highway Code/Law change?

Penelope

Whilst driving to the shoot yesterday evening to check the poults in the pens, I counted 32 drivers who simply couldn't be bothered to indicate at junctions or for lane changes on the dual carriageways.

This was on 30 mile, 40 minute journey from home.

Is there something I'm not aware of?

Morning Paul ... We have got a kiddies school in the village and the majority of motors that clog up just about every ones drive ways are some of the cleanest 4 x 4s you are ever likely to see , that don't bother me but what do is very few of the women who drive these large motors cannot reverse , we have got a narrow link road between two main roads , this link road have got two or three passing places , this is where the problem is , there is around 200 / 250 yards between one to another , the time's I have seen two people nearly coming to blows is countless , you get a lady drive 20yds past the passing place while another driver is coming the other way , the first one then stop and expect the other driver to reverse well over 200 yds back to the other passing place , the two cars stop in front of each other and both drivers get out and start a shouting , it end up where the first driver haven't got a clue how to reverse back , and would you believe I have seen another driver get in the motor and reverse it for the lady who cannot do it herself . Rant over:lol:

Oh, it's not only in Wales then. 

I once watched a woman driver in a single space between two cars in Argos manage to reverse her Volvo in almost diagonally. I reckon the Stig couldn't have done it, and he supposed to be pretty good behind the wheel.

3 hours ago, marsh man said:

it end up where the first driver haven't got a clue how to reverse back , and would you believe I have seen another driver get in the motor and reverse it for the lady who cannot do it herself . Rant over

You wouldn't believe how many times I have to do this at work . Another favourite , is for polite but hopeless drivers , to pull over so that I can drive my lorry through the 3ft gap that they have left for me 😄.

Driving standards , and road manners , have plummeted over the last five years . Many times every day , I see drivers stop at red lights , and if nothing is coming , they carry on driving through the red light . I must be honest,  it does seem to be mainly Eastern European drivers that do this . 

I have driven with some of the finest women drivers in the country but they all went th Staffordshire Police Driving school.  In the main I have to say most women do not know the width of their car to start with and are incapable of holding a full lock until the car is pointing hwere they need to go, hence the shuffling back and forth.  Mind I followed a fair sized truck this morning, curtain sides and I pulled up at the traffic lights in the lane clearl defined A444, he was in the left lane for M42. Sure enough he cut up a young lass in a Mini at the last minute and took the A444 exit....no signal, no consideration.  When did you last see a police car out on the roads. We had two plain cars 24hrs a day just cruising the division looking for such behaviour and when the drivers sat in the rear seat and saw the video, nine times out of ten said " That's not me ". Just a ticket tp produce was sufficient most times.  Put them to a bit of trouble.   Nobody out there today. We used to put three motor cyles out on just our division and we had a County Group who visited each divison to deal with reports of bad driving/speeding.  The word soon got around.     Too busy today arresting folk for hate crimes.

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

You wouldn't believe how many times I have to do this at work . Another favourite , is for polite but hopeless drivers , to pull over so that I can drive my lorry through the 3ft gap that they have left for me 😄.

Driving standards , and road manners , have plummeted over the last five years . Many times every day , I see drivers stop at red lights , and if nothing is coming , they carry on driving through the red light . I must be honest,  it does seem to be mainly Eastern European drivers that do this . 

Hi Mel .... I admire the driving skills of our dustmen , we have our bins empty once every two weeks and you can set your watch with the time when they arrive , bang on 6.30 am , later on during the morning when the young ladies do the school run they have to try and get through gaps that are barely big enough for a car to make it , if they can't then the road is blocked both ways while the owners of the motors are telling each other how Coronation Street went the night before , how you and your crew keep smiling I honestly don't know , Keep up the good work :good:

8 hours ago, Penelope said:

Whilst driving to the shoot yesterday evening to check the poults in the pens, I counted 32 drivers who simply couldn't be bothered to indicate at junctions or for lane changes on the dual carriageways.

This was on 30 mile, 40 minute journey from home.

Is there something I'm not aware of?

I do apologise, I lost the earth to the rear nearside cluster and it took a while to sort, all OK now, but I'm not using it now cus I don't want you use all the indicator fluid up. 👍😊

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Hi Mel .... I admire the driving skills of our dustmen , we have our bins empty once every two weeks and you can set your watch with the time when they arrive , bang on 6.30 am , later on during the morning when the young ladies do the school run they have to try and get through gaps that are barely big enough for a car to make it , if they can't then the road is blocked both ways while the owners of the motors are telling each other how Coronation Street went the night before , how you and your crew keep smiling I honestly don't know , Keep up the good work :good:

I do my level best to keep away from schools , at arrival , and leaving times .  The main reason is for safety,  because bin trucks are magnets for kids  , and the other reason is as you've said , chattering mothers . I must be honest , since Jeremy Kyle has been taken off air , the chattering mother thing is even worse . When jk was on the telly , they'd drop the kids off , and rush home to watch his show 😄.

To be fair the worst driving i see is definitely by men, far worse than any woman driver, on Friday on my way home from work 3 different drivers nearly took my car out by cutting in at the last minute. My drive home is a mere 12 miles 11 of which is motorway/dual carriageway. Wouldn't mind but mine is a Freelander 2 so not totally unnoticeable.

S