Trap Gun

Sean Richo

Been looking at a Fabarm Elos trap. It’s a nice gun and excellent value. However I don’t shoot trap I want it as a pigeon gun. I know somebody she shoot’s everything with a trap gun and has good success. Does it really matter that much only asking as it’s a real bargain and like the look of it? It’s 3” so ok for the marsh too 

36 minutes ago, Sean Richo said:

Been looking at a Fabarm Elos trap. It’s a nice gun and excellent value. However I don’t shoot trap I want it as a pigeon gun. I know somebody she shoot’s everything with a trap gun and has good success. Does it really matter that much only asking as it’s a real bargain and like the look of it? It’s 3” so ok for the marsh too 

You’re either on em or you’re not! 
If you like the gun and you can shoot with it, then it doesn’t matter what it’s choked at. 

If it's used you might be able to try it, and pattern it at 30yrds to see if it's high, if it is and you think you can adapt to the pattern then buy it, trap guns are harder to sell on as they're seen as a single discipline gun and many will buy a more established trap model, e.g miroku, Perazzi, Beretta.

I picked up a Franchi Barrage trap gun for £200 a couple of months back. Bottom barrel ejector hammer is broken, so only top barrel ejects, but who needs ejectors on a trap gun  ? Corners of forend broken and repaired, BUT  I shoot very well with it. For the few times I shoot trap, it will do the job. It is choked 1/2 and Full and I have no immediate plans to alter that. I will just shoot it  !

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I don't recall seeing an O/U without ejectors, but some Merkels have selectable ejectors.  Despite the handbook saying 'most' have them, none I have owned or seen have had them.

I can show you a trap gun without ejectors.........they are there, they just don't work  ! 

I think Beretta may have done switchable ejectors at one time. One of the Italian makers certainly did, can't remember which one.

Edited by Westley

On 12/08/2022 at 18:38, Sean Richo said:

As long it is 3 inch (76mm) you will be fine for your proposed use but if you look on Fabarm website, the Elos Trap is 2.75inch but the Allsport etc is 3inch, so just double check.

Trap guns traditionally pattern 2\3 high, 1\3 low to 1\1 high and as the Elos has an adjustable comb, you can set it to exactly what you want.

If the gun is comfortable and fits, what it is called does not matter to the pigeon at the far end!

Edited by Stonepark

I once had a quick flutter wirh a Berreta Prevail of which had ejectors which you could 'switch off' by a screw on the ejector assembly.
Worked OK but the case only extracted about 1/4 inch and was diffucult to remove, would have been a nightmare in gloves.

Gun now history, bit of a gimmick I thought.