Heads up Thunderstorms.

ditchman

I would not like to be living on a development that has been built on old flood meadows at this moment in time......the land has totally dried out all the moisture has evapourated off in to the sky....i can see there are going to be some humoungous down pours soon...and it will all run off and find all the low spots.....

a few years ago i watched a downpour happen in Norwich...(a one in a 100 year downpour) it lasted only 15-20 mins.....i saw manhole covers blown off 2ft wide water spouts 8ft high....every road in Norwich became a river....it was breathtaking.................and i think we will see shortly something more extreme than that.....i think flash floods will be the order of the day..........if i was in a risky area i would remove all my valuables....guns/ammo/papers/special bits/persian rugs..etc onto the 2nd floor...

just have a feeling of impending doom....i rekon there are billions of tons of moisture locked up in the sky and when it precipitates its really going to drop out......

am i wrong ?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, dead eye alan said:

Its ok ditchy yore not wrong its an Absolut cert floods will be bbc main news on Monday, have you been doing a rain dance?

i did the rain dance 4 weeks ago...................thats what caused the drought...:lol:

28 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I seem to remember a bible story . It was something about ditchman doing a naked rain dance , and god cried for 40 days and 40 nights 🤭.

yeah laughing his bedowin socks off...........like a biblical dad dance it was 

Just down the road from you ditchy, I work in Wymondham. I have watched nearly 1000 houses built there in the last 7 years, many on low lying land that would be damp at best for 6 months of the year. Speaking to one of the builders one time, he said some of the phase 1 houses on this particular development had inch wide settlement cracks in them after a year. I think that developer sold those houses with a 10 year no quibble guarantee. Would not like to be a shareholder if your premonition comes true.

11 minutes ago, adzyvilla said:

Just down the road from you ditchy, I work in Wymondham. I have watched nearly 1000 houses built there in the last 7 years, many on low lying land that would be damp at best for 6 months of the year. Speaking to one of the builders one time, he said some of the phase 1 houses on this particular development had inch wide settlement cracks in them after a year. I think that developer sold those houses with a 10 year no quibble guarantee. Would not like to be a shareholder if your premonition comes true.

are those the ones next to the bypass ?

Hello, I seem to remember going back some years news reports of mud slides after heavy rain , top soil came off many fields and filled local roads, gone are the days of yearly weather patterns of spring, summer, autumn , winter , I've noticed a change in the weather and feel the rain storms will arrive soon🤔🌧️

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

If it gets really bad I am not the least worried because if it starts lapping at my front door I expect to see a big bloke with a bushy white beard and a load of animals in a boat as we are some 400ft above sea level.  Joking apart we need some rain very soon or dairy farmers are going to run out of food very quickly this autumn. I saw fields of maize this morning already going to seed and only 3ft high and grass fields cut for sialge three weeks ago with no growth and brown, when normally they would be looking for a second cut.  Luckily most of the cereals have come off pretty good.  We need two weeks steady rain to get back to normal.   In the winter of '76 it never stopped and tractors where bogged in fields in January after the very hot summer.  

watched on the news a farmer part of his daily routine is filling up 70 small watering points over his farm for all the wildlife...he put some trail cams out and all fauna are using it ...deer-hares - rabbits - birds.insects...etc

nice thoughtful touch

Just now, ditchman said:

watched on the news a farmer part of his daily routine is filling up 70 small watering points over his farm for all the wildlife...he put some trail cams out and all fauna are using it ...deer-hares - rabbits - birds.insects...etc

nice thoughtful touch

Yes, that was the most worthwhile 2 minutes of the entire BBC output this weekend.  :cool1: