Heads up Thunderstorms.

ditchman

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

watched on the news a farmer part of his daily routine is filling up 70 small watering points over his farm for all the wildlife...he put some trail cams out and all fauna are using it ...deer-hares - rabbits - birds.insects...etc

nice thoughtful touch

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes, that was the most worthwhile 2 minutes of the entire BBC output this weekend.  :cool1:

I did read something that country file , kwis and the ginger gink had been heavily criticized by some committee about the fact that country file , autumn watch and stuff like that bore no resemblance to country life.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, this evening by the river I noticed a change in the clouds and wind direction, like a storm building up but never happened , YET !!!!

6 hours ago, ditchman said:

watched on the news a farmer part of his daily routine is filling up 70 small watering points over his farm for all the wildlife...he put some trail cams out and all fauna are using it ...deer-hares - rabbits - birds.insects...etc

nice thoughtful touch

The hare taking a drink was magic 👍

21 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

But was there much rainfall?

Been raining since 1000 to 0630 this morning, at least an inch if not more, water 3inch deep in upturned paddling pool which was poured off at 1030 bedtime last night so everything is fresh overnight

DSC_0605.JPG

Edited by Stonepark

14 minutes ago, Penelope said:

These forecast storms, although bringing welcome rain, could have a negative impact for lake/pond fisheries if they have had an algal bloom during these hot conditions.

Big concern for me right now. One of my syndicates is well managed on the oxygenation front, well all fronts really, the other is pretty much left to its own devices (64 members and I was the only one on there overnight).

28 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Big concern for me right now. One of my syndicates is well managed on the oxygenation front, well all fronts really, the other is pretty much left to its own devices (64 members and I was the only one on there overnight).

I'm a member of a small Lea Valley pit that is 3ft down and like pea soup. Worrying times.

1 minute ago, Scully said:

Thunder and rain forecast in my part of Cumbria for today; so far it’s as dry as a nuns doodah, and no sign of rain. 
Same for tomorrow, but with even more rain. We’ll see. 

Any time now according to the Rain Alarm app that I have. It's very good.

On 14/08/2022 at 09:11, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I seem to remember going back some years news reports of mud slides after heavy rain , top soil came off many fields and filled local roads, gone are the days of yearly weather patterns of spring, summer, autumn , winter , I've noticed a change in the weather and feel the rain storms will arrive soon🤔🌧️

Hello, no 🌧️ today so far 🙄

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

very old monks saying

Indeed, and not just the old ones! 🙂An ‘habit’ual problem?

2 hours ago, Penelope said:

Any time now according to the Rain Alarm app that I have. It's very good.

Maybe it’s not as good as you think? Not a drop! 🙂