Heads up Thunderstorms.

ditchman

That's me just emptied out the paddling pool again as rain has been near constant all day.

Ground has gone from bone dry and hard 24 hrs ago, to now compressing the soil 2 inches as you walk along a harvested field.

Almost perfect for cultivating and planting when the rain finally stops.

DSC_0606.JPG

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

we need pictures

We just had a brilliant sunset Simon and I went and watched it going down around your ole stamping ground , Mel's cloud might had drifted down to replenish our water shortage as believe it or not , I just had four big drops on my motor , sadly it is now to dark to take photographic evidence .:yahoo:

Another morning, another paddling pool empty. That is us now at 36 hours of near constant rain at differing intensities and about 3inches in total by my guess.

Farmers who were irrigating tatties on Sunday, are now looking and wondering if they will end up with splits and blight resurgence, not drought will limit their crop.

On a positive note, lawn grass is greening up very nicely, but moss is still browned off in turf. If we get a dry day, time to get the lawn rake out.

DSC_0607.JPG

3 hours ago, Stonepark said:

Another morning, another paddling pool empty. That is us now at 36 hours of near constant rain at differing intensities and about 3inches in total by my guess.

Farmers who were irrigating tatties on Sunday, are now looking and wondering if they will end up with splits and blight resurgence, not drought will limit their crop.

On a positive note, lawn grass is greening up very nicely, but moss is still browned off in turf. If we get a dry day, time to get the lawn rake out.

DSC_0607.JPG

Isn’t ur paddling pool upside down? 

Hissing it down here.

I had just finished fitting a rain collection system to the new shed, but unfortunately not yet connected all the individual garden barrels together, which will be a right PITA with them all partially full of water.

4 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Isn’t ur paddling pool upside down? 

Of course it is. He doesn't want to get it wet, does he.

11 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Reckon Marshman will be getting soaked, it’s missed us here so far! 

11FC21AF-D0D4-4807-8EA8-9C345241D711.png

Do you know what Jaymo , we got back home about half an hour ago after going near Lowertoft to the car boot , the morning was again sweltering and the minute we got back home it started to rumble with a few claps of thunder , the light rain lasted a matter of minutes and never even made the concrete look wet , now it have drifted away and the sun is coming out again , never mind we will wait for the next one and hopefully we will get enough to water the garden .

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

Teeming down here. Lawn is flooding already. 
Rest of the family is up at Cromer and say it’s occasionally ’spotting’ 

im in Harleston at the moment ...dry as a bone.......christ its hot and airless here