Waterproof Trousers for wildfowling

grahamch

Am looking for a pair of good quality waterproof trousers or over trousers.

Must be 100% waterproof, plan to use them in conjunction with wellies for most of my wildfowling this season and will be kneeling/lying on sand/mud. I have no need to wade to any depth and am finding neoprene chest waders hard work nowadays. 

Any recommendations please? TIA

5 hours ago, Dave53 said:

Have a look at the Fordis website, I've had jacket and trousers for a few years and can really recommend them,and made in Devon.  Ps I have nothing to do with the company just think their products are good. 

I have a pair of fortis heavy duty over trousers used them all last season picking up A bit on the expensive side as far as over trousers go but really good Quality I suppose you get what you pay for wouldn’t hesitate to buy another pair

22 minutes ago, silver fox 1 said:

I have a pair of fortis heavy duty over trousers used them all last season picking up A bit on the expensive side as far as over trousers go but really good Quality I suppose you get what you pay for wouldn’t hesitate to buy another pair

Yes, Fortis is good stuff also. I have had a pair of their salopettes for quite a few years now; their Dad even had flies put in them for me, so that shows how long ago it was. Good gear. 
As with anything usually, you only get what you pay for. 

I think the Company Fortis used to be Arktis. I have had a pair of Arktis overtrousers for some 30 years  along with the matching jacket. They have both been battered and are still totally waterproof.  I also have a quilted liner for the jacket, which is a great jacket in its own right.

8 minutes ago, Westley said:

I think the Company Fortis used to be Arktis. I have had a pair of Arktis overtrousers for some 30 years  along with the matching jacket. They have both been battered and are still totally waterproof.  I also have a quilted liner for the jacket, which is a great jacket in its own right.

They were Country Covers at one point, before becoming Fortis, but that doesn’t mean they weren’t Arktis also? I wouldn’t know. 🤷‍♂️

Yes, they were. I remember being at the Midland Game Fair and they had just changed their name to Country Covers. My shooting pal bought an extremely lightweight waterproof suit which he still has and that is bombproof too. I tried to get the current version at this years Game Fair, but like a lot of things, they have 'improved' it. They have put neoprene cuffs on it which I know from experience, will make it sweat like mad. It is still on the rail. 

Back on post, they did lightweight overtrousers to match the jacket though.

Edited by Westley