The problem With Porkies

wymberley

It was quite forcefully recommended that I didn't use the basic non tracked royal Mail delivery as it would be at my risk if it went wrong so I paid the extra £1.50 - how much it actually cost I know not. 

I was then told that my goods were dispatched and the email DTG was 13:1453:08. 

I tried to track much later that day - no can do, try tomorrow. Tomorrow came and same response. Tried the second tomorrow and more of the same. Tried again today and all well so hit the tracking history and discovered that the "sender is dispatching the item'. DTG 15:1901:08. This well over48 hours after I was initially told that they'd been sent. I didn't have to shop there and won't again.

Edited by wymberley

I didn't really want to go shooting but have just been told that my hospital appointment for tomorrow is cancelled as they've broken the scanner so I'm now good to go. Except that is, on a 48 hour delivery it's now taken 50+ hours already and now another 40+ hours to get from Warwickshire to Birmingham where the parcel languishes somewhere in a sorting office.

TC, don't even think about it as I'm hissed. :mad:

The best way to send stuff by royal mail it Special Delivery, it gets there by 1pm the next day,yes you pay a couple of quid more,but you get insurance for £500 basic and you can increase it to whatever you want, it is signed for by all who move it along the chain.I use this service for many thousands of pounds of engineering equipment every year, if the post office tries to get you to use parcel force find another post office as parcel force are terrible, the only time we reluctantly use them is if the parcel is to large for special delivery.

23 hours ago, welsh1 said:

The best way to send stuff by royal mail it Special Delivery, it gets there by 1pm the next day,yes you pay a couple of quid more,but you get insurance for £500 basic and you can increase it to whatever you want, it is signed for by all who move it along the chain.I use this service for many thousands of pounds of engineering equipment every year, if the post office tries to get you to use parcel force find another post office as parcel force are terrible, the only time we reluctantly use them is if the parcel is to large for special delivery.

I always have problems with Parcel farce. The latest one was I got a text from them to say they were delivering my parcel yesterday, which is when the supplier said it would be delivered. Waited in all day for nothing. On their website tracking today it reckoned they hadn't received in yet. I got in touch with the supplier and they chased it. Apparently its sat at my local depot and will be delivered tomorrow now. 🤬

The next installment of Parcelfarce.

They told my supplier my parcel was at Stoke on Trent yesterday morning and would be delivered today, Friday. I checked the tracking this morning to find it had managed to go from Coventry where the supplier is to the National hub and then to Birmingham Depot last night. Its not been near Stoke yet which is my local depot. Doesn't look promising for delivery today. It even states on Parcelfarce website tracking received at wrong delivery depot. 🙄

I sent a screenshot of the tracking to the supplier. They should know at 08:00 the 24hr delivery is messed up again. 🤷‍♀️

11 hours ago, Diver One said:

On a slight tangent. It's not only RM. my mate has ordered a 6m single piece flagpole for his garden, DX have 'lost it'!

supplier has despatched a second unit. DX HAVE LOST THAT ONE,!

finally the 3rd one has arrived. How can you lose TWO flagpoles???

Stolen ??