.17hmr magpie+grey crow busting

tikkamark

I went out on sunday with the hmr to try and get as many grey crows and magpies as possible to see could i win a competition our gun club do every 3 months or so.I went out with a lad in a jeep,the tactics were simple drive round a bunch of quiet private lanes on the chaps land and spot Mr magger or Mr grey rest hmr on a support bag mounted on the jeep window and give the magpie or grey crow a sharp shock :P:good:

I was very impressed with the hmr had a few very good shots,one magpie was feeding along a hedge later stepped out to be 140yrds got the x settled on him really took my time squeezing the trigger then CRACK....pop and puff of feathers :D the fella that was with me couldnt believe the little bullet was capable of such accuracy and power.Another shot that stuck in my head was at another mag around the 150yrd mark it was in a wheat stubble field we spotted the magpies feeding from the main road so we drove into the field(all gun club land)and seen the magpie sitting on top of a hawthorn bush was not going to fire at it as there was no background whatsoever so we played the waiting game and after 10 mins the magpie foolishly flew down and landed on the ground :D i waited for it to settle...x on its white bib CRACK........pop :lol: made bits of the magger :huh: We continued this for about 3 hours and finished up with 7 magpies and 3 grey crows for the grand total of 10 hornady 17grain v-max's.

I headed home for dinner and my mate went out with his patterdale terrier and another lad with his jack russel they got a lovely big dog and a vixon in the one earth and another vixon in another earth :lol: we met up with the rest of the gun club fellas with the maggers and greys and three foxes that was the best out of the 11 or 12 other lads which all said they couldnt get in shottie range of the winged vermin :oops: The hmr is really something else :lol:

Me and the other lad that was driving and that got the 3 charlies won 2 turkeys for the christmas dinner :oops::good:

vermincomp.jpg

Sorry i do go on a bit :good:

Mark

well done mark :good: was out with terrier lads on sunday with ronan nee on here, flushed 5 nice foxes out to guns, i had my lurcher but sadly no chase was given :good: best craic i had in ages then on the way home we shot one with my hmr was a great day. sadly no gun club here

could it be pesticides or herbicides sumthing like that or landowners using illegal poisens. But I hope he is fine now and wish him a speedy recovery.

nice shooting its just what the HMR is made for. Theres something very satisfying about shooting winged vermin with it as they really don't like it :good:

Excellent Mark, congratulations. :good:

You deserve it, after all the vermin control you have been doing. Grey and maggies are nowt but leveret and pheasent chick theives ect, along with Mr fox, good man and keep up the good work. :good:

Frank.

Thanks frank :good: the magpies and greys are nasty pieces of work alright :oops: I found a wood there yesterday that is home to thousands of grey crows we shot 4 when they were coming in to roost we were in the wrong part of the wood we have a good idea where the bulk of them are roosting now so there going to get an awful hammering one of these days :oops:

Excellent Mark, congratulations. :good:

You deserve it, after all the vermin control you have been doing. Grey and maggies are nowt but leveret and pheasent chick theives ect, along with Mr fox, good man and keep up the good work. :good:

Frank.

Thanks frank :good: the magpies and greys are nasty pieces of work alright :huh: I found a wood there yesterday that is home to thousands of grey crows we shot 4 when they were coming in to roost we were in the wrong part of the wood we have a good idea where the bulk of them are roosting now so there going to get an awful hammering one of these days :lol:

Nice one Mark, the less of them the better. :oops:

Hope you have good luck with them. :oops:

Frank.