shooting times

paul hart

From lurcherboy:

it was too short by far

You're right mate, it was a bit short, but they told me to keep it to 700-900 words, so it was a bit beyond my control. :yp:

In fairness to the 'shooter', they have lots to fit in, so I guess they have to put an upper limit on what you can write.

Deako. :lol:

We need a monthly magazine devouted to pigeon shooting. Are you listening EMAP?

This would be nice indeed Lurch. I would be able to lay back in the bath at night sipping Glenmorangie, nibbling on a chicken leg whilst reading Pigeon Shooters Monthly... Ah Bliss...

Unfortunately I dont think the circulation would cover the production cost unless there was substantial advertising which we are getting in shooting weekly, shooting gazette, and sporting gun et al. Same crud different magazine.

FM

I can only agree with FM.

I take Shooting Times, Sporting Gun and Sporting Shooter, all on subscription.

I must be a glutten for punishment.

Although I enjoyed reading Deakos recent article and those by Will Beasley, I can only say that differing authors continue to repeat sound advise, albeit with a different twist. Its almost like trying to re-invent the wheel, and then publishing an article for wheelrights.

webber

Don't flatter yourself Will the had a print deadline to meet an probably tripped over your photo  :yp:  :lol:

They must have been just as desperate when they slapped my ugly moosh on the front cover on the 26/2 issue as well then! :lol:

Although I enjoyed reading Deakos recent article and those by Will Beasley, I can only say that differing authors continue to repeat sound advise, albeit with a different twist. Its almost like trying to re-invent the wheel, and then publishing an article for wheelrights

This is a good point however to a seasoned pigeon shooter like yourself and many others on this site who know what they are talking about it may seem like repetitive advice, but bear in mind that maybe not everyone is as clued up as others. Everyone has to start somewhere!