Mink

Ferretboy111

Had a surprise today on my shoot, whilst feeding the resevoir for the ducks. This resevoir has a pipe leading to it from the field.

And what was starring back at me, but a bloody mink.

I wondered why the ducks never really hung about much on the resevoir, only to feed then flight.

So i ran back to my jeep, thrashed it home to get my rifle- .17hmr, <_<

Sure enough it was still there, sat looking at me, 10 yrds away-

thwat, headshot, flopped into the resevoir.

Have taken pictures but cant upload them yet, it was a female, as long as my size 11 shoe.

Now does one reckon there could be more?? this is the first mink ive seen in 3 years.

Alex :blink:

Had a surprise today on my shoot, whilst feeding the resevoir for the ducks. This resevoir has a pipe leading to it from the field.

And what was starring back at me, but a bloody mink.

I wondered why the ducks never really hung about much on the resevoir, only to feed then flight.

So i ran back to my jeep, thrashed it home to get my rifle- .17hmr, <_<

Sure enough it was still there, sat looking at me, 10 yrds away-

thwat, headshot, flopped into the resevoir.

Have taken pictures but cant upload them yet, it was a female, as long as my size 11 shoe.

Now does one reckon there could be more?? this is the first mink ive seen in 3 years.

Alex :blink:

Best set a trap or two pronto, if you catch nowt then no harm done and ducks are safe.

:) D2D

We'll done!

Mink were causing some problems by the river Stour at Flatford on the Essex/Suffolk border, one of the guy's I know who lives there was sorting them out in a similar fashion, some people just don't know the problems they cause.

Another less Mink to bother the wildlife is a good thing.

hello mate of mine has had loads of trouble with mink killing his callducks, he had a floating raft trap set for ages but no luck, i saw a thread somewhere once to use a medium size cage trap and sheet the outside in black plastic leaving the open plus opposite end clear, since setting hes managed 3 mink plus the odd rat

Will sort out my raft that id made for another farm, have found a dead phezzie recently, all that was left was head and wings.

Was thinking that it may have been a mink, as foxes usually have off the heads first. Read in the game conservancy's magazine that one keeper once lost 180 poults from 400 from a female mink.

Alex :good: