Greylag on Marsh

pav

I got down the marsh for sunrise this morning, lovely morning marsh covered in mist and pink sky over the river.

Plenty of duck and teal flighting about but no luck for the first hour. I saw 3 Canadas go over about 100 yards to my right flying low and was gutted!

About 20 minutes later I hared that unmistakeable sound in the distance and could see half a dozen greys heading my way, they were a good 50 – 60 yards up but as they got close I manage to drop one with 3†steel carts.

That's Christmas dinner sorted then!

201007greylag2cx1.jpg

201007greylagdi3.jpg

I got down the marsh for sunrise this morning, lovely morning marsh covered in mist and pink sky over the river.

Plenty of duck and teal flighting about but no luck for the first hour. I saw 3 Canadas go over about 100 yards to my right flying low and was gutted!

About 20 minutes later I hared that unmistakeable sound in the distance and could see half a dozen greys heading my way, they were a good 50 – 60 yards up but as they got close I manage to drop one with 3†steel carts.

That's Christmas dinner sorted then!

201007greylag2cx1.jpg

201007greylagdi3.jpg

Great to see pav I was holed up nearby on Friday night and the canada's passed beside inland. This marsh has always been the best goose producing ground in the entire club. The Northsuffolk wildfowlers is the best value I have seen for wildfowling in the whole of Norfolk and suffolk if you ask me. 100 odd quid lets you shoot a few hundred odd acres of prime marsh.

Visit My Website

Well done Pav. Good result. The only question I have is who the hell is that dodgy looking geezer camoed up with the 10 bore on the website. He looks so dodgy that the deliverance theme tune would be apt :good::lol:

Deffo going to look to join for next year after talking to your oldman and Starlight32. When is the next clayshoot and I'll try and pop over for a round, I see it said sundays but not which ones. Need something to do on a sunday morning and give me a chance to meet up with a few more local shooters.

SS :good: