Changes to shotgun certificate requirements

Wylye

Has anyone picked up on the fact that there is a proposal to put shotguns on Section 1 certificates with all the associated problems that will happen? It was in Gun Trade News last week apparently. Oh - and also that lead shot is proposed to be banned by the end of 2023. Gets better doesn't it?

No. Not from the Tories surely? Those "friends of shooting" who gave us the self-loading rifle ban, multi shot shotguns on s1, the need for two referees, the need for police approved cabinets, the need to produce a SGC when buying cartridges, the pistol ban, the need for a GP's input and medical certification, the proposed lead shot ban even though we've left the EU, and etc., etc..? Not those Tories? Nah! They're the "friends of shooting" the Tories. And before anyone says Labour would have done worse we don't know and in any case they didn't as they weren't the Government that made law all these measures...the Tories were. Every single law and measure I've mentioned.

Edited by enfieldspares

49 minutes ago, Wylye said:

Has anyone picked up on the fact that there is a proposal to put shotguns on Section 1 certificates with all the associated problems that will happen? It was in Gun Trade News last week apparently. Oh - and also that lead shot is proposed to be banned by the end of 2023. Gets better doesn't it?

Have you been on the moon? 

We virtually have to do all the requirements for SGC as FAC anyway now.

I will be putting in for FAC as well as my SGC next time, as its just the same now so might has well have a .177 HMR and .22 rimmy in the cabinet.

Edited by DEAN C.

8 hours ago, Wylye said:

Ask Scully. He knows all about it.

🙂 Well not quite ‘all’, but as a shooter on a shooting forum, I just found it surprising that either topic could appear to be unknown to you. 
The former has been ongoing since at least March ( this time ) and the latter is simply sloppy reporting. 

Edited by Scully

18 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

No. Not from the Tories surely? Those "friends of shooting" who gave us the self-loading rifle ban, multi shot shotguns on s1, the need for two referees, the need for police approved cabinets, the need to produce a SGC when buying cartridges, the pistol ban, the need for a GP's input and medical certification, the proposed lead shot ban even though we've left the EU, and etc., etc..? Not those Tories? Nah! They're the "friends of shooting" the Tories. And before anyone says Labour would have done worse we don't know and in any case they didn't as they weren't the Government that made law all these measures...the Tories were. Every single law and measure I've mentioned.

I don’t think that anyone is arguing that the Tories are a ‘friend’ of shooting’. Fact remains that proposed further restrictions are being done by Labour - shotguns on section 1, pump action shotguns to be stored at gun clubs.

In reality SGC applicants have been asked for details of permissions and club memberships for a long time now.

The two systems have been merging . This is how its done. Gently gently move the goalposts

This is not government policy. It's the work of the faceless civil Servants that write the guidelines 

Edited by Vince Green