Just got back lamping

Mungler

Okay went to the gun shop to pick up the new toys.

The .223 Steyr is a work of art and engineering. However, I screwed the T8 mod on it and I pushed and pulled the bolt and found that with the silencer on you got this loud and melodic "ting" - the whole set up acted like a tuning fork. Take the mod off and all is well. Bizarre. The up shot is that despite tinkering its got to go off for the mod to be properly fitted and proofed, so no gun for another 2 weeks. ****** (lower case).

The SGC M4 .22RF carbine looks like a nutters gun and I was smiling all the way in and out of the shop. Took it out this evening for some bunny action and the bad news is that it doesn't seem to like .22 Winchester subsonics (doh) but it does like the full power stuff.

StuartP posted about the problems of semi autos and the real pain of lining up a shot, squeezing the trigger and hearing a dull click rather than a bang. Well that happened a lot tonight. That being said, we squeaked a fox, chambered one in the .243 and nadda - complete jam - bullet tip one way, rest the other.

Bit of a cock up evening all told and mark my words if the .22 is going to be fussy about ammo then it's gonna get outed PDQ. I neither have the patience nor the technical knowledge to spend hours trying different ammo types, conditons and filing down magazine runners etc.

Just out of interest, what is considered to be the least fussy semi auto .22 set up? I am not ready for a bolt action just yet and am merely conducting enquiries and taking a few names.

EDIT:

Oh yes, every time the gun went click, there was a chuckle over my shoulder and someone saying "it's a toy".

Well, I suppose it is.

With the mod "ringing" how about putting a sleeve on it to help reduce the sound, even just some bike inner tube should do the trick

Jerry

I'm glad I stayed in if the frustrating nights are doing the rounds. On no, wait, I had mine a few nights back! A bush muffler off .... Temporary brain **** I can't remember the crowds name, they're in Scotland.... would I imaging sort out that metallic ringing sound for ya.

Okay went to the gun shop to pick up the new toys.

The .223 Steyr is a work of art and engineering. However, I screwed the T8 mod on it and I pushed and pulled the bolt and found that with the silencer on you got this loud and melodic "ting" - the whole set up acted like a tuning fork. Take the mod off and all is well. Bizarre. The up shot is that despite tinkering its got to go off for the mod to be properly fitted and proofed, so no gun for another 2 weeks. ****** (lower case).

The SGC M4 .22RF carbine looks like a nutters gun and I was smiling all the way in and out of the shop. Took it out this evening for some bunny action and the bad news is that it doesn't seem to like .22 Winchester subsonics (doh) but it does like the full power stuff.

StuartP posted about the problems of semi autos and the real pain of lining up a shot, squeezing the trigger and hearing a dull click rather than a bang. Well that happened a lot tonight. That being said, we squeaked a fox, chambered one in the .243 and nadda - complete jam - bullet tip one way, rest the other.

Bit of a cock up evening all told and mark my words if the .22 is going to be fussy about ammo then it's gonna get outed PDQ. I neither have the patience nor the technical knowledge to spend hours trying different ammo types, conditons and filing down magazine runners etc.

Just out of interest, what is considered to be the least fussy semi auto .22 set up? I am not ready for a bolt action just yet and am merely conducting enquiries and taking a few names.

EDIT:

Oh yes, every time the gun went click, there was a chuckle over my shoulder and someone saying "it's a toy".

Well, I suppose it is.

What you need is a good reliable, bang away allnight ANNIE :good::lol:

:stupid: D2D