buying my self a defender!

stu200sx

buying my self a defender in a couple of weeks, well as soon as my car sell.

already got one sorted out, just cant pick it up untill the car goes (not got the room)

its a 3.9 V8, cant wait.

only mentioning it on here because ive seen alot of them in your pics etc!

would it be legal for me to build a box in the back to carry my rifle etc?

any of you that have them got any pics of yours?

Fitting a secure box in the back for your rifle sounds an excellent idea.

Just be aware that you have to take "reasonable" precautions when transporting a gun.

Even if it is in a secure box, it won't be wise to leave it in a car park and go shopping for 3 hours, just in case someone nicks the vehicle (although with a Defender that is unlikely :good: ).

A friend of mine has a secure box in his Range Rover and if he leaves the vehicle for longer than a few minutes, he takes the bolt , or fore end (shotgun) with him.

Then if the motor is stolen, the guns are virtually unusable.

Fitting a secure box in the back for your rifle sounds an excellent idea.

Just be aware that you have to take "reasonable" precautions when transporting a gun.

Even if it is in a secure box, it won't be wise to leave it in a car park and go shopping for 3 hours, just in case someone nicks the vehicle (although with a Defender that is unlikely :good: ).

A friend of mine has a secure box in his Range Rover and if he leaves the vehicle for longer than a few minutes, he takes the bolt , or fore end (shotgun) with him.

Then if the motor is stolen, the guns are virtually unusable.

In my opinion, and thats all it is, the bolt should never be anywhere near a rifle at any time unless you are using the rifle,

Same with mags and ammo, common sense really.

Now getting back to this Defender, a V8 in this day and age how much are they paying you to take it away :good: it will end in penniless tears you will always be putting your hand in your pocket, and they will have to be deep, to fuel it up.

You have got it half right being a Def, but go for a TDI, Ive had several and they have all been good uns, fingers crossed.

:good: D2D