monday and tuesday night

conor

hello lads, myself and a mate niall headed out sunday night, he was on the lamp and done well to spot a fox curled up beside a wall at around 90yds, never showed his eyes, and never knew what hit him! head shot!

lampingniall001.jpg

vixen

headed off up a valley next that has had an explosion of foxes lately, dunno where they have come from, spotted a fox at about 600yds on the valley floor, we called him for ages but no move out of him so we walked out towards him. just as we headed off out comes the moon really bright. we walked the whole way towards him without a light could see perfectly foxy still in the same spot! he must have seen us on our way down it was so bright. niall shoots this one at 100yds, another head shot!

lampingniall002.jpg

vixen

niall shot another one after this but my battery went dead and it was in really rough ground so no pic.

went to a big connemara pony sale on tuesday met up wit niall. afterwards we went after grey crows and magpies. acounted for 6 greys and two mags with my hmr we had some laugh, didnt bother with any pics, lamping afterwards not far from my house niall spots a massive fox at about 250yds up a hill called him in to 130yds i had a rock steady rest and plenty time with this fella so zoomed scope up to full power and focused, they realy are beautifull animal, after watching him for a bit put crosshair beween his eyes down he goes, keep calling and spot aother fox roughly 300yds up the hill to the right. wind was in our favour so up we go to a little hillock, no sign, call again for about 5 minutes id have been gone back to the van only for niall (no patience) just as we were about to leave the vixen pops up, niall was laughing he said he never seen a fella drop to the ground so fast! dropped her at 80yds. dog and vix acounted for

lampingniall003.jpg

dog and vixen

i had a rock steady rest and plenty time with this fella so zoomed scope up to full power and focused, they realy are beautifull animal, after watching him for a bit put crosshair beween his eyes down he goes,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good shooting fellas, Well Done <_<

Good shooting and great pictures

I must ask a question though that all of us over here must be wondering.........

How do you guys ever find time for work, family or doing anything else?

I will say a life of shooting,fishing and drinking (excuse me if you don't do this <_<:lol: ) would be my ideal life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

cheers for all the replies lads <_< your right there mark the mod makes it easier alright it dosent seem to spook the not dead foxes so much :lol:

starlight, did you not know?? we have 40 hour days over here! also helps when your shooting is right outside the door!

• 2 weeks later...