Adjustable stock

Gordon R

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got a couple of shotguns with adjustable stocks. A mate's son is an engineer and is copying the mechanism from my Miroku, to duplicate for my GTi. Making it out of aircraft alloy and stainless steel. He said the Miroku mechanism was crude, so I am hoping for a decent job. Any tips for cutting the comb - apart from be careful - and cutting out the rebate for the mechanism out of the stock?

Guest The Outlaw

A good quality band saw will cut the comb ok and if you can clamp it well enough a fast router with a sharp bit will sort the rebate out. Hope all goes well. Remember better to measure 10 times and cut once than measure once and swear for ever. Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got a couple of shotguns with adjustable stocks. A mate's son is an engineer and is copying the mechanism from my Miroku, to duplicate for my GTi. Making it out of aircraft alloy and stainless steel. He said the Miroku mechanism was crude, so I am hoping for a decent job. Any tips for cutting the comb - apart from be careful - and cutting out the rebate for the mechanism out of the stock?

Done this on the Howa that I used to own Gordon.

You have to be very careful because when you fix the cheek-piece onto the moving bits it must be exactly in line otherwise it all goes tits-up. <_<

Howa_1.jpg

G.M.

• 2 weeks later...