Geese

welshruger

I read more Bóllóx on this site about Canada Geese than any other pest species.

The purpose of Egg Oiling is to seal the egg preventing oxygen exchange and causing the egg to die. There is no need to ***** or inject oil into an egg and indeed there is no license to do that either. Egg Oiling simply involves dipping the egg in oil and replacing in the nest. This prevents the adults from trying to lay further eggs in the season and prevents other pairs from occupying valuable nest sites, thus limiting the number of pairs successfully raising broods.

The law with regard to Canadas is contained within the latest terms of the General License issued by Natural England.

They are not classed as "Vermin" as many here keep saying.

They are Schedule 2 part 2 listed bird Pests under the Wildlife and Countryside Act.

They can be controlled only under the terms of the general licence and shooting one without reference to that licence and claiming it is vermin is only going to get you into trouble.

Vermin is a very unspecific term on an FAC condition and is subordinate to specific law relating to specific species.

Please stop perpetuating the myth that any pest is vermin and all vermin can be killed at any time and in any manner. It just isn't so.

i think you better go upstairs get back in bed and get out the other side and stop being a pri *k ok so you no more than some people it is not there fault if thay do not no this fourm is to ask things and find out not to say you talk a load of boll*x and i no better god chill.!!!!

Ferretman, coming on this forum to ask things is OK.

Coming on this forum and saying things that are just plain wrong and could lead people to get into trouble with the law isn't OK.

If I get upset its because I love the sport and want to preserve it.

If you think I get my kicks coming on here and showing off in front of strangers, you couldn't be more wrong.

However, I will start a new thread on the subject so that it can be given a good airing.