How about a PW regional clay comp?

Stu S

:good: Stuart, the first thing to remember about organizing something like this is not to get upset?

I can assure you that people out there will all be saying the same as me...........getting people to come to something like this is akin to getting blood out of a stone.

Two things to consider about this type of event;

Cost and transport.

Some will all be up for it until they realise how far they have to go to get to the event. (petrol)

Cost of the event............25p per clay is blooming expensive to some people......who are only paying 10p for some local shoots.

So, unless i've missed the post......no one has mentioned the cost yet........and they might not.

So, to sum up.......25p per clay x 150 =£37.50, + 150 cartridges at 14p = £21, + petrol for an 80 mile round trip.... = £15, + lunch + drinks £15

Oh dear.........£88

I may be wrong, but thats not a cheap day out to some people, i'd pay it, but have only just started and cannnot justify that amount at the moment.

This even makes Golf sound cheap..........and its not your fault........this is not a cheap sport.

My local Clay shoot, 5 mins away (but only once a month) 10p per clay, 13p a cart, and use your own shot if you want (fibre wad, plastic wad ok) cup of tea 10p and home for dinner and not upset the wife, and can still afford to take her out for sunday dinner?

People will not understand how much time and work you will need to do for all this...

And the normal situation as the organiser will apply....you won't enjoy it at much cos you will have a headache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blooming heck!!

Good luck Stuart

Come on lads, let him know why you are not booking in for this, its only fair!!

And, i might be talking Bo...cks :oops:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:good:

start:

Blackwall Tunnel

via:

end:

Lakenheath, Brandon, Suffolk, England, IP27 9

total distance: km ( miles)

total distance: 78.75 miles (126.74 km)

est. duration: 1 hour(s), 32 minute(s

Saturday 23rd Feb 08, 10am coffee & bacon rolls, 10.30 start!

There you go.

Edited by gadgit

We have now only got 6 days until cut off peeps!

I'm not upset, although when I wrote my last post I was a little, shall we say, unhappy? with the situation, and if I have come accross as being anything other than trying to get a good meet going, I apologise!

We now have our first official entrant, so look forward to seeing them on the day!

I will bump this for the next few days, just to remind everyone :good::lol:

Stu

SUFFOLK REGIONAL PIGEON WATCH CLAY SHOOT NOW CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST

Despite there being several people saying that they would be up for taking part in a clay shoot, after just looking back at the thread I counted 12 people that said yes, we managed to get a grand total of four entrants, me included.

I have to say that I am extremeley dissapointed with this. I may not have put in weeks of solid work organising it, but it has been rather time consuming during evenings and breaks at work.

This is the third internet based club that I have been a part of, and the third that I have attempted to try and build on by organising events for other members. In every case the organisation and time has been completeley wasted due to the interest dwindling down as soon as their is a call for commitment.

On a personal note, I am pretty ****** about this, and I will not be organising, helping with, or doing anything other than partaking in any events that are up and coming.

Could this thread please be closed now, as there is sod all point in having it open anymore.

Edited by stuart smith