How about a PW regional clay comp?

Stu S

Ok, lets talk days then!

9th February

16th February

23rd February

1st March

Please indicate which three you can do, that way we can get most people to attend!

Stu

Can't commit to anything in Feb yet as I have not finalized my vermin shoot days as you are holding it on a saturday.

Otherwise I will keep a look out as soon as I can confirm.

If it works better, we can always look at Sundays as an alternative. The only issue with Sundays at Lakenheath is that they have NSSA skeet comps every fortnight, so they may or may not be interested in doing something on those days.

Stu

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, lets talk days then!

9th February

16th February

23rd February

1st March

Please indicate which three you can do, that way we can get most people to attend!

Stu

Can't commit to anything in Feb yet as I have not finalized my vermin shoot days as you are holding it on a saturday.

Otherwise I will keep a look out as soon as I can confirm.

:/ I have roost shooting and end of season shoot clearup work parties planned, but if I can, I'll make what ever day is decided.

Cheers

SS

The problems i have had with this are the following:

Its very difficult to get the same group of people together at regular intervals, the essex lot are ok, but the rest of us are a bit spread out.

Its not always easy to make sure people shoot the same setups (button system at brain tree jumps to mind)

To get a proper comp going you would need to make this a monthly type of thing.

any more takers?

I'll set the cut off for date suggestions and availability forn Monday next week at lunchtime.

After that, the date will be what it is!

Shall we have a bit of variety in the competition just to make it interesting? Perhaps sporting, skeet and DTL?

Stu

Shall we have a bit of variety in the competition just to make it interesting? Perhaps sporting, skeet and DTL?

Good idea, makes the day a bit varied. What are you suggesting? 50 sporting, 25 skeet and 25 DTL? Or more? I'm not so much into the idea of firing off 200+ carts in a day, more into the meet up, bacon roll and a 100 clays in whatever guise.

any more takers?

I'll set the cut off for date suggestions and availability forn Monday next week at lunchtime.

Stu

I am up for it !

any more takers?

Stu

Thats what we did when I organised it in Feb/March this year. From Memory 100 sporting, 25 ESK, 25 Compact Sporting (Which is pants), 25 DTL (Set-up is pants).

Still a good day out though.

SS

As I am **** at clays may I suggest we have a comp for peeling shrimps, I am quite good at that and stand a fair chance of winning

PS I am in Suffolk and can make most weekends, let me know what you think

Are you **** at anything else pavman?

I would really like to know?:blink:?:oops:?:huh:?

As I am **** at clays may I suggest we have a comp for peeling shrimps, I am quite good at that and stand a fair chance of winning

If you want to make it peeling prawns then you have a challenge.

We know y9ou are from Suffolk but we don't hold that against you

I will be finalising details of all of this hopefull by the end of next week. Still need to speak to the range to make sure that they are OK for this, and hopefully i can get a better price out of them for it, or at least throw in some freebies for us!

Stu

If you want to make it peeling prawns then you have a challenge.

We know y9ou are from Suffolk but we don't hold that against you

I heard that SS is very good at handling seafood, then he has had the practise - having a tiny winkle :good:

As it now transpires, i am at Lakenheath on Sunday shooting 100 reg English & 100 reg Doubles skeet, so i will have plenty of time to talk with the owner about our little competition.

Is this a competition being 'endorsed' by Pigeon Watch UK? I only ask coz it may make some difference!

Stu

Ah, but we in the South have our secret weapon

some say he taught Hong Kong Phooey all he knows

others that in times of real hardship he will eat the coffee ones in a tin of Quality Street

we just know him as :stupid: ******** :stupid:

the boys from oop North just wouldn't know what hit em