How about a PW regional clay comp?

Stu S

Ah, but we in the South have our secret weapon

some say he taught Hong Kong Phooey all he knows

others that in times of real hardship he will eat the coffee ones in a tin of Quality Street

we just know him as :yes: ******** :/

the boys from oop North just wouldn't know what hit em

It's me, it's me!!! :stupid: :stupid: :yes:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi all, sorry i havent followed this up sooner, but i've been a bit busy recently!

The date for the competition will be Saturday 16th February 2008 (just awaiting final comfirmation from the ground).

The ground opens at 10am, so I suggest we meet there at 10am for coffees and bacon rolls and then plan the day.

The competition will be 100 birds accross three or four different disciplines, will be individual based only unless we have a good turnout and can do team scores too.

They do have a fairly good menu for food at lunchtime, so a decent break for lunch is in order too!

Cut off dates for entry will be Monday 11th February 2008.

Prices will follow as soon as they have been confirmed to me.

Please indicate your attendance from this point in the thread!

Stu

Also, Suffolk Shooter is trying to set something up and if he thinks he's been gazzumped on a day again it's gonna get messy and public :good:

Not sure what your referring to Mungler, I'm not booking anything up. No gazzumping neither, the Suffolk shooting fraternity decided that with the cost of diesel soaring, that driving tractors, combines and balers down to Essex/Kent was a bit too expensive.

SS

:good: i like the sound of 100 clays across 4 disciplines, could we not fit in 150 make it more interesting? If we are going to do the 16th and 17th, Im going to have to apply for a weekend pass.....that could result in a lot of diy :D

mate if we are doing the 16th and 17th my decree absolute should be very soon after

In need of a favour from someone here, I have never shot Sportrap or DTL (at least not with anyone else, let alone a scorecard), so would appreciate it if anyone could email me a copy of scorecards used for both these disciplines so i can create one for us to use on the day.

Many thanks,

Stu

its compact sporting. 25 birds usually 5/6 traps all shot from about 4 shooting positions. proper sportrap is good fun although most grounds tend to put the layouts on skeet layouts which tends to make them rather boring and ****e IMO

Well that was where i was planning to do it, unless they have another sportrap layout on the ground that i don't know about.

The day is about providing variety and challenge for all levels of shot. Some of the areas may not be a personal favourite of every shooter, but there will be something for everyone on the day, not to mention the company, and the food and coffee that goes with it all!

Please don't slate the day now, if you still feel the same after it has happened then by all means go for it, but give it a chance first!!

Stu

Stuart,

Don't take it the wrong way, I am not slating the day. I will be there, it is just their sportrap set up is useless. I assume you mean the double decker layout.

We shot there as part of another PW meet and it was ridiculous. There was no signs or descriptions of any of the birds and you had to see each one as they were all over the place.

Depending on numbers coming 100 sporting and a couple of rounds of skeet should be more than enough, especially as the Essex Mafia will have to stop for a POWER breakfast and lunch :birthday:

I wasn't attacking by any means Martin! Just having trouble trying to keep everyone happy!

The plan at the moment is to do the following:

50 Sporting

25 Skeet

25 DTL

50 Sportrap

Although I can probably change a few details around for it, but i will obviously need to know in advance.

Stu

It can all be changed, the clays don't change in cost because they are thrown from a different trap. Perhaps you would like to suggest an alternative sequence?

I would like to keep some sportrap in if possible, and would like to keep it as varied as possible.

Let me know if you can think of a better order/number of targets!

Stu

Just my 2p but is there any really difference between the Sportrap and standard sporting? They are all sporting type targets but in Sportrap you just don't have walk much! Aside from the quality of the Sportrap layout at Lakenheath is there much to gain by doing both? They have a nice range of standard sporting targets there, plus a round of Skeet and DTL then I'm sure everyone will be more than happy.

Sounds like an excellent day out Stuart, i just don't know if i can personally make it so soon after the Essex v Bucks the week before.

I have to echo MC's comments about the sportrap layout at Lakenheath, it is **** we did it back in february when we organised a day then.

Stuart add another couple of stands of standard sporting and do 25 NSSA instead, it will keep all moving along nicely, plus if you have more than 10 tu4rn up, getting everybody round will be a mare.

SS :oops: