How did we all get on today?

Evil Elvis

I was right peed off though because I shot sindle barrel DTL today for the second time ever.

I was straight until stn 5 and the 4th bird.

On 5 I had 1 normal, 2 low rights and then had a 3rd low right and missed it over the top, ****** it! then got another low right and got it for a 24/25 72.

I said a few choice words.

Funniest thing was the trappers are really nice lads up there and even he sounded sorry I had missed, as he knows me and the Calam are new to this trap lark.

Tony

Sounds like a good score to me Outlaw, missing one ex 25 ain't to be sneezed at. :angry:

SS

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After much contimplating due to it hammering down with rain I went to Longridge, it was freezing, chucking down with rain and muddy! - No clubhouse either which doesnt help!!

Dropped 4 on my first stand but managed an 87 which bagged second in AA class :good:

What i read above about the scorers was true there were only about 5 on the entire course today!!

Martin Myers did three shoots today as well!!

Ps Cat you made the right choice!

Hmmm,

Was all set up for the foray to Longridge, being just "down the road" at a wedding near Worcester, unfortunately the hospitality was simply too good, didn't get away till about 2am, woke up at 9am, it was chucking it down, thought better of it. :angry: :unsure: :unsure:

Well shot AAA man, super result matey..!!

Cat.

Went and shot my local club yesterday and managed to post a respectable 39 ex 50, couldn't quite get hold of some of the longer range targets, plus rushed round as it was bitterly cold and I had my eldest (8) trapping for me.

One of the guys up there is a qualified coach so I took along the bolt action.410 and he taught my daughter how to mount, track and shoot at things. Started on cartrdige boxes (Empty) and she hit every one, some just clipping it, but still good job considering the length of stock and barrel. Then she had ago at the rabbit clays............

Lets just say I won't be taking her again, she creamed 4 out of 5 rabbits, two of which hadn't even got off the mat six foot from the trap :lol::lol:

She seems to be a natural, must mean all those hours in the garden with the Air rifle have paid off. :good::lol: I now need to get the stock chopped to fit her, but want to retain the piece cut and get it dowlled so it can be added on as she grows. MC I need Jim Spalding's number please.

SS

NO worries I'll get it for you.

Badly is the answer to my shooting this morning. I possibly had my worst days shooting for about 2 years managing only 31/50 on a set up which should have been 45/46 without thinking.

No excuses just a bad day. It was meant to be a shoot off for a knockout competition between myself and Trevor but as there was so many people due to an interclub shoot as well they postponed it. A lucky repreive for me as Trevor beat me by 10.

It now get shot on the 16th so I had better pull my finger out.

A good couple of day this weekend :welcomeani:

Shot at the St Andrews University Challenge Shoot at Auchterhouse yesterday and managed a 45/50 which had me in second place when I left.

Then shot 100 Reg A/R this morning and managed an 86; ESK-23, DTL-23, ABT-21, slipping up on the sporting with a 19. :welcomeani: Happy with the score, but must do better next time!!!

Shot Westfields managed an 85 Came off a stand with a 3 :good:

3 targets out of the money!!

Great Score AAA Man, I heard on the jungle drums it was a tricky shoot. Nowt wrong with coming off a stand with a 3 now is there, i still do it regularly and have to have a few serious words with myself.

I popped over to Cadley. I haven't been there for about 2 years and I won't be going back for another 2 years either. I scraped together a 74 which I have to admit I was very surprised at. I honestly though I'd be in the 60's. There were more than a couple silly stands and I got hit too many times to count by falling bits of clay. Not to mention plenty of people not wearing eye protection. Very disappointing. Still it was a lovely morning out with 2 very nice gentlemen.

well i did westfield aswell, a **** poor 82. shot a 2,4 and a 5 out of 8. only the stand i got 4 was truly difficult, the others i totally misread.

think im going to go into hiding over the winter for a bit, this sport is costing way too much just to get cold and wet.

well i did westfield aswell, a **** poor 82. shot a 2,4 and a 5 out of 8. only the stand i got 4 was truly difficult, the others i totally misread.

think im going to go into hiding over the winter for a bit, this sport is costing way too much just to get cold and wet.

Arh...you swore :good:

Emmsy 82 is not a poor score when you came away from 3 stand with a less than average score. You clearly shot the rest very well.

I was considering the winter hiding thing too but I think I will just choose carefully where and what I shoot. I remember a couple of years ago going to Wylye for the Christmas FITASC with my friend and the weather was so bad I considered abandoning ship on the second layout. £54 already paid stopped me though. I've never been so cold and the wind whips right round that ground. Also to make it worse I stepped in some Poop and had to keep taking my boots off every time I went back to the clubhouse. It was definitely my worst day ever.

Yes, I'm easing up on the Clays in favour of the real thing, there's quite a few woodies about at the moment, unlike last year.

Well done to Jonsey, 74 is a good score, even on a crappy layout.

I went to Cadley many years ago, and vowed never to return.

Cat.

Im owed £5 class money for winning AA class (shared with one other guy)- Fantastic payout for £32 entry - (I went round with 3 other AA shooters as well) :good:

How did you get on with the double teal?

Emmsys nemisis pair!!

Sarah, well i thought i did bad, a 2 is not acceptable imo on anything this side of 80yards let alone on a 25 / 30yd stalling crosser.

Turkey boy, i had a 4 on the teal and that was the only hard stand. i watched 5 shooters go infront of me and i bet between them all added up they never beat my 4!

might do longridge this weekend but im planning on giving up until about march.

Fiver? dear me that's just rubbish. You should say something. I'm sure they'd love to hear that and then ignore you forever and a day. I complained to them once and they never spoke to me for a year. :lol: I'm back in the good books now though.

Ok then Emmsy 50 lashes for the 2 on that stand then, and stand in the corner until March. That'll teach you eh :good:

I have to admit I'm not a lover of Westfields ground. I've shot it twice and I just don't like the set up. I like their other ground Weston Wood, it's just a safety thing really. I don't think Westfields is really safe enough for a 100 bird shoot.

The new classifications are out today.

A whole Fiver eh, i can't get over that. Tell you what treat yourself to an extra rasher at Longridge on Sunday.

Fiver? dear me that's just rubbish. You should say something. I'm sure they'd love to hear that and then ignore you forever and a day. I complained to them once and they never spoke to me for a year. :sick: I'm back in the good books now though.

Ok then Emmsy 50 lashes for the 2 on that stand then, and stand in the corner until March. That'll teach you eh :good:

I have to admit I'm not a lover of Westfields ground. I've shot it twice and I just don't like the set up. I like their other ground Weston Wood, it's just a safety thing really. I don't think Westfields is really safe enough for a 100 bird shoot.

The new classifications are out today.

A whole Fiver eh, i can't get over that. Tell you what treat yourself to an extra rasher at Longridge on Sunday.

They are :lol:

And it would appear I'm still rubbish! :sick: :sick: :sick:

no thanks, im b class for skeet and c for dtl :good:

when i started shooting registered me and a mate did 100 targets at the basic disiplines, and got ourselves in the lower classes :lol:

it payed for itself, i went straight in at B class at english sporting and over the year i won over half the shoots i entered, won a gun and a fair wedge of prize money. that year was pretty much free shooting!

bit different now, my shooting has improved a bit but its a lot harder winning money in AA class :lol:

just checked the cpsa website, well im still AAA for sporting and A for fitasc ;) perhaps its time to do some skeet or dtl as i got myself in the low classes for them, hehe :lol:

Pretty sure you said Skeet was easy Emmsy a few threads back..........I can feel a little Wilts/Glos wager coming on :yp:

yeah if you like sarah ;) i had spoke to steve n a few weeks ago about shooting a bit of skeet to help my concentration.

like stated earlier i only did 100 skeet, 100 dtl, 100 sporting etc whan first joining the cpsa just to get a classification. we didnt put any effort in as we didnt want to get in any high classes :lol:

at my local ground they had the skeet cup a few weeks back, my average upto then this year was 24.5 over about 8 or 9 rounds.

im up for some skeet if you wanna go

went to hornet shot 84 missed some easy stuff but i suppose we all say that,good shoot shame about the weather.

i saw a few old mates from years back and one i found out is catamong, it was nice to see you mate and now i,m back at it i'm sure we will bump into each other again. your shooting ok for an older fella :blush:

i'm really enjoying my shooting and the old banter that goes on.

banger

Guest The Outlaw

went to hornet shot 84 missed some easy stuff but i suppose we all say that,good shoot shame about the weather.

i saw a few old mates from years back and one i found out is catamong, it was nice to see you mate and now i,m back at it i'm sure we will bump into each other again. your shooting ok for an older fella :blush:

i'm really enjoying my shooting and the old banter that goes on.

banger

We got there at 13:25 after a torrid shoot at Drayton, I have put my back out so anything low high or driven is a miss straight

away, I hit 61 in agony but still had fun.

Shame we missed meeting up with you guy's maybe next time.

Tony