How did we all get on today?

Evil Elvis

Went to Westfields shot a 91 which was first in AA Chris Chliderhouse won it on 93

I missed 2 right to left rabbits about 25 yards out not hard at all

Then missed 3 teal the trap was only about 10 foot away from you, other than that i ripped through the rest of the course

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few of us shot the annual turkey shoot at JJs today. A good shoot utilising a different part of the ground to that used normally. The turkey's needn't have worried though, most of us will be eating veg only on Chrimbo day the way we shot :look:

3AMP has come on leaps and bounds though, top shooting :blush:

Guest The Outlaw

I just had a call from Pirate and even though I have a severe muscle spasm in my back I hit 58/70 to take 3rd in our Turkey

shoot today, winning a tin of Quality Street and a bottle of wine.

That cheered me up a bit as I thought I had hit 57 and got no where.

Top Gun was 63/70

Tony

went to hornet shot 84 missed some easy stuff but i suppose we all say that,good shoot shame about the weather.

i saw a few old mates from years back and one i found out is catamong, it was nice to see you mate and now i,m back at it i'm sure we will bump into each other again. your shooting ok for an older fella :blush:

i'm really enjoying my shooting and the old banter that goes on.

banger

Well shot Banger, it's good to see you haven't lost your form after so many years in the wilderness, (or was it Pentonville.?) :look:

I struggled to finish on an 89, started in the pouring rain, I expected it to get worse, but by the time I left the ground it was bone dry and the wind had dropped, c'est la vie..!!

Cat.

Well I shot Kingsley Moor today,Started out late, got there at 10.30am Rained allmost all the way there, gets out of the motor and the sun came out!!Went round on my todd and did ok the first 6 stands and then bumped into blokes I know ,started telling jokes and my scores nosedived!! I came to the last stand and needed a straight for a 77,( 8bird stand) came off with a 1!!!Jeeze finished on a 70.! Deep gloom all the way home!!.Well done AAA, too good for me, Errm, you dont live near Outlaw by any chance?? We could do with a good reserve!!! :blush: :look: :lol:

Went to Westfields shot a 91 which was first in AA Chris Chliderhouse won it on 93

Then missed 3 teal the trap was only about 10 foot away from you, other than that i ripped through the rest of the course

Good score AAA Man, I bet you're cursing those silly close ones that slipped away, Childerhouse seems to be cleaning up at every shoot they put on, let's see how he gets on at next years majors.?

Cat.

Good score AAA Man, I bet you're cursing those silly close ones that slipped away, Childerhouse seems to be cleaning up at every shoot they put on, let's see how he gets on at next years majors.?

Cat.

Thanks, I speak to Childerhouse everytime i see him, almost every week, he was saying he has had high gun at every shoot he has been to at weston wood since April, which was the last time i went there, and Faulds won it. Still an incredible run, i think he will do well in this years majors.

Well there's no other way of saying this

I tied with Cat today at the ZZ Christmas Shoot at A1

he's hanging his head in shame and actually he's a tad bitter and twisted about it and mumbled "I can't believe I tied with an also ran" when we were all wandering back to the clubhouse. Also not only that but......

another girl beat him

Yes you all heard right and you heard it here first........A girl beat him....actually whooped him I think the term is.

Oh me oh my...ho ho ho Happy Christmas.

Jonsey

Well, I had to give the girls a bit of encouragement, after all, it is the season of goodwill, so I deliberately let a couple slip away, simply couldn't bare to tell 'em so at the time and therefore had to appear angry..!! :angry::angry:

Having said that, the ladies did shoot their little thermal socks right off. :angry:

Roll on next time out.

Cat. :angry:

Just for Catamong I thought I would let you all know that I took high gun at my local club shoot (haybale and not worth mentioning) with 46/50 and won a Turkey :angry:

I also made it through to the last 3 of the year long knockout competition and get a bye for the next round. The fianl round will be shot at the end of February.

Well done Bagsy on a good card :angry: :angry:

Guest The Outlaw

I shot a testing 100 bird sporting at Aylesbury scored 78/100 with 8 lost due to the sun.

My shooting buddy Peter managed 67 and he is normally on a par with me.

So overall I was well pleased.

Met A K A properly for the first time today as well.

Tony

had a 'mare, any more like that and I'm selling up :lol:

Me too Bud I was averyging 81.+? till yesterday, shot C**P blanked one stand?? had a 2 /8 on another!! All though I blame the freezing weather, (cant feel my hands) I think its my old age(68) and looking back I allways shoot below my best when its really cold, But now I think if I stop shooting till the spring I would not be bothered to carry on. most of my shooting in spring /summer is in Wales which is a round trip of 200+ miles, getting too expensive now for a old coffin dodger like me!! :lol:

Well there's no other way of saying this

I tied with Cat today at the ZZ Christmas Shoot at A1

he's hanging his head in shame and actually he's a tad bitter and twisted about it and mumbled "I can't believe I tied with an also ran" when we were all wandering back to the clubhouse. Also not only that but......

another girl beat him

Yes you all heard right and you heard it here first........A girl beat him....actually whooped him I think the term is.

Oh me oh my...ho ho ho Happy Christmas.

Jonsey

Well done Jonsey, I went out on saturday night and come sunday morning i was in no state for clay shooting so i went back to bed with a bad head :lol:

Oooh Err. Sarah, or can I call you miss Jones ?. Hhm , you beat the Cat?, let me sit down and pour a large brandy down my gurgler!! Oh *****R this is the end of clayshooting as us blokes know it, As of tomorow I am off to join a under 20 year old girls Convent!! to hide away from mankind untill the end of my days!!Which wont be very long if my plan works OUT!!as considering my frail health should be about one hour after joining!! :lol::lol::lol: Untill tomorow then I will consume large amounts of whiskey to try to blot out the cats conversion to a pussy cat!! :lol::lol::yay: