What is it?

Old Boggy

A few have the right answer, but sadly no prizes.

2 hours ago, B686 said:

Something for the mrs bedside cabinet if you know what I mean?😁

No, nowhere to put the batteries:w00t:

1 hour ago, welsh1 said:

For opening ring pull cans

Is the right answer :good:

30 minutes ago, nobbyathome said:

I think it is some sort of can opener ? 

Near enough:good:

4 hours ago, Rem260 said:

Can opener?

Yep

Nicely done.  I'll admit I didn't know what it was.  Are you another customer of Branston's for baked beans?  I have had three Branston Baked Beans ring pulls break off in the last few months, and no others (despite using more tinned tomatoes than baked beans).

6 hours ago, Grandalf said:

It's the tool that pastry cooks use for putting the 'teeth' marks on the edge of a pie.

1 hour ago, steve1066 said:

No, you use your dentures to do that.

I remember that Albert Steptoe used his false teeth to crimp an apple pie and his son HAROLD  said " you dirty old man" with total disgust. 

Ps  I  did think that it was some sort of leatherworking tool.  I  think that there is one out in the leatherwork tools box.

Edited by Minky

2 hours ago, welsh1 said:

We bought a near identical one for my MIL a year or so ago when she started to have trouble with her fingers and pulling tins open.

That’s precisely why I have made a couple for a few friends with similar problems.

Some ringpulls are tight and hard, so we use either a spoon or fork to get underthe ring  and then change it around to use it as a lever bar to assist breaking the seal and then levering the lid off. I can see how the person using that tool could get covered with contents of thecan. 

Edited by Minky

1 minute ago, Minky said:

Some ringpulls are tight and hard, so we use either a spoon or fork to get underthe ring  and then change it around to use it as a lever bar to assist breaking the seal and then levering the lid off.

Where's there's a will there is normally a way , I do a similar thing with some of my dogs tins of meat , mind you that look a handy gadget that O B made up , trouble is I have got a drawer full of handy gadgets that I haven't a clue what they were made for , some with the labels still on and never been used  , maybe it's about time to buy a gadget to take all the new labels off .😁

18 hours ago, Minky said:

I remember that Albert Steptoe used his false teeth to crimp an apple pie and his son HAROLD  said " you dirty old man" with total disgust. 

Ps  I  did think that it was some sort of leatherworking tool.  I  think that there is one out in the leatherwork tools box.

That’s where I saw it, good old steptoe and son, Albert was another dirty ******!