dog food

nav54

What makes it the best?

Is it because it is £30 a bag?

Nearly all complete feeds on the market have everything in them to ensure your dog has the best diet, complete with all the vitamins and nutrients that they require.

It really is a case of find one that suits both your dog and all his needs. I know field triallers who feed the cheapest greyhound mix they can get and will change at the drop of a hat because the price of anothr brand is cheaper.

I used to feed Merlin eukanuba but that sent him hyper. Well more hyper than a normal springer.

What makes it the best?

Is it because it is £30 a bag?

Nearly all complete feeds on the market have everything in them to ensure your dog has the best diet, complete with all the vitamins and nutrients that they require.

It really is a case of find one that suits both your dog and all his needs. I know field triallers who feed the cheapest greyhound mix they can get and will change at the drop of a hat because the price of anothr brand is cheaper.

I used to feed Merlin eukanuba but that sent him hyper. Well more hyper than a normal springer.

Its cause he likes it, I put taste before money. If he is happy eating it then I will give him it.

I feed our Cocker on Beta but supplement it with some raw mince. Apparently a bit of raw meat in a Spaniel's diet helps avoid the dreaded anal gland procedure as it helps flush the tube so to speak. She also eats it all up quicker with meat through it.

Her coat looks great and she's plenty, if not too much, energy.

hi i am a security dog handler and have tried meny top end foods like arden grange, well beloved, wainwrights and found the most expensive food is not nessercerly the best. I now use a food called omega maintance which i get from my local farm shop it cost £8.25 for a 15kg bag its great the dogs love it they are in perfect condition and have plenty of drive. After finding the food i recomended it to a few guys i know and they have now swithed over to it also our local breeder/show for german shepherds has now switched to it. give it a try you wont be disappointed.

Look at it this way, a dog is basically a domesticated wolf.. this animal has survived for hundred/thousands of years on raw meat and bone..

i was feeding my dog that dry **** when it was i puppy when it turned 4 months old i change it to raw chicken and bones and after 1 month he was a different dog, stronger faster more healthy looking and endless amount of stamina.. i would never feed dry or tinned **** again

hi i am a security dog handler and have tried meny top end foods like arden grange, well beloved, wainwrights and found the most expensive food is not nessercerly the best. I now use a food called omega maintance which i get from my local farm shop it cost £8.25 for a 15kg bag its great the dogs love it they are in perfect condition and have plenty of drive. After finding the food i recomended it to a few guys i know and they have now swithed over to it also our local breeder/show for german shepherds has now switched to it. give it a try you wont be disappointed.

I have a 11 month puppy and I get him the expensive food to make sure he gets all the nutrition, he will move to a cheaper food when he is 18 months old.

Look at it this way, a dog is basically a domesticated wolf.. this animal has survived for hundred/thousands of years on raw meat and bone..

i was feeding my dog that dry **** when it was i puppy when it turned 4 months old i change it to raw chicken and bones and after 1 month he was a different dog, stronger faster more healthy looking and endless amount of stamina.. i would never feed dry or tinned **** again

and how is his teeth, dry food helps clean there teeth.

bone cleans there teeth, dry food stick to it and can cause disease, not sure what its called you will have to look it up

bone cleans there teeth, dry food stick to it and can cause disease, not sure what its called you will have to look it up

Dry food completely ruins Lurchers teeth and at @ £120 for a de-scale I no longer let them have it.

LB

Dry food completely ruins Lurchers teeth and at @ £120 for a de-scale I no longer let them have it.

LB

thats correct.. think raw chicken and raw bones and you will not go wrong

hi guys have a working springer is 3 this christmas what do you think is one of the best dog food for a working dog. I have been feeding him on baileys working dog food but it does seem very dusty and dry thinking of going over to chudleys.

i would go with chudley's excelent meal. my dogs are brought up on it from puppy right through. my 16 month old cocker is now on the working crunch.chudleys all the way for me. :yes:

• 1 month later...

ours get royal canin for giant breeds.

if i could stomach it, the best diet is probably the barf one.

butttttt, being a useless_vegetarian_female_who_gags_at_the_slightest_offensive_smell, it just aint happening. but at least i did give feeding it to the drool crew, a try.

:xmas:

ours get royal canin for giant breeds.

if i could stomach it, the best diet is probably the barf one.

butttttt, being a useless_vegetarian_female_who_gags_at_the_slightest_offensive_smell, it just aint happening. but at least i did give feeding it to the drool crew, a try.

:lol:

Oh so true :xmas:

i feed ours on varied diet, meat fish veg the works! i find sticking to the same food is ok but at some point when the local store is out of that particular brand and you feed it something else it usually results in an explosion of **** !

I dont think its natural to feed a dog the same "complete" food all the time, and im sure your dog will eat it but would prefer a bit of variation in its diet, our dogs like raw carrot as well, keeps them healthy and they lay plenty of orange "eggs" as a result :xmas: