dog food

nav54

My lad had Chudleys when he was a pup / went off it ..........got him sorted with JWB (fish & rice) he loves this.

I also feed him BARF, raw chicken carcasses, chicken wings, ox / lambs heart, lamb chops,raw veg etc.....belting dog in every aspect whom i 100% adore.

E :good:

Dog food industry is worth millions if not billions & most of the makers invest big money in dogfood nutrtion experts to put together the best.Pups require diffrent food for the first year of life to help with growth etc thus high protein.Working dogs require the same but you also need high fat to help palitability or they need lots of water.Protein & fat should be some of the highest % in the ingreedients.I feed wonderdog as advertised in shootingtimes at times & dogs teeth can be bad due to there ginetic make up but bones are good to help clean.There is the barf diet but i now nothing on it realy.

I have 2 springers and i feed them Dr. Johns silver in spring and summer and gold during the winter and shooting season. The gold has a higher fat and protien quantity especially for the winter months when they are out working more. Most people i know with working dogs use Dr. johns and it's cheap at about 8 quid a bag. Don't get fooled into buying expensive foods (beta, eukanuba etc. ) they all basically use the same ingredients, all you are really paying for is the name.

i feed mine james wellbeloved jnr to the pup adult to the 3 yr old and purina working dog to the collie plus they all have lightly boiled rabbit as often as possible and they are all looking good on it, the pup also eats shoes, bin bags and duck **** he seems to enjoy them all equally.

Which dog food..............its worse than the .22 v .177 argument!! My dogs have a food called Meaty Green Working Dog Mix from the local farm supplies shop. It is cheap as chips but does the job. I also give them the odd tin of pilchards, plus the lab eats anything that sits still for more than a nanosecond. I lost my springer at the age of 14 this past summer, she was still sprightly until struck down by a mystery anaemia causing condition. The lab is coming up for 2 and has a glossy coat, more oil in it than Saudi, beautiful teeth and gums and more energy than me!!