Mate shot 474

harveykeitel22

Big up.

Our Pigeons here in Ox are going BALLISTIC right now.

Few weeks ago it looked like they were all going to dissappear on Acorns but lateley we've got, quite literally, thousands moving in round Oxfordshire, Bucks and Hampshire.

Gunna be a busy winter me-thinks ( which will make up for the 5 months away from guiding I had last year while they were all munching Acorns.)

Yeah,

Same here, couldn't quite work out Wills post a few weeks back that said ACORNS ACORNS ACORNS, 'cos only a few miles down the road from flat old Bicester they're ain't many acorns at all, (I assumed it was simply Will attacking the Ruddles again..?? :good: ), anyway he's now dead right, there's more pigeons about in my area than I've seen for some while, so let's hope for some good sport this Winter..??

Cat.

Yeah,

Same here, couldn't quite work out Wills post a few weeks back that said ACORNS ACORNS ACORNS, 'cos only a few miles down the road from flat old Bicester they're ain't many acorns at all, (I assumed it was simply Will attacking the Ruddles again..?? :good: ), anyway he's now dead right, there's more pigeons about in my area than I've seen for some while, so let's hope for some good sport this Winter..??

Cat.

Nah...they were seriously flat out on acorns/mast 3-4 weeks back, and the Acorn crop in general seemed to be very large indeed, however they've turned tail and hit drilled fields and stubbles very well of late.

Yea looking forward to the photies.

Not really finding big numbers at the moment, starting to first light feed on the rape after these few frosts we have had. shot half a dozen on some beech mast couple of weeks ago with no great success. but im driving about, and i got my bins ready to track em down. havent seen many on stubble either or acorns. i will keep you people informed, of my outings when i find a few worth talking about. soon i hope. :good:

• 2 weeks later...