All in one dog foods

darren m

Darren .

Is that all your lab gets ? No meat , No vegi's , table scaps ? To my mind even good all in ones are not all they are cracked up to be .

My boy gets :- left over veg , all in one meal , processed dog food (chappie) fish , meat and bones uncooked , No pork though , the odd bit of egg now and again (he lives inside parp toot ! )

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=B.A.R.F+d...F-8&hl=en&meta=

also type in barf , dog feeding etc into the one an only google

all the best yis yp :D

YP -- yeah thats all he gets , bit boring i agree , but these foods are supposed to be the only ones they'll need.

i give it him twice aday , with some gravy.

i wondered if it was ok for a growing dog/pup , nutrients wise etc.

i,ve read more people are giving raw meat and sometimes raw chicken to there dogs , is this safe ie. parasites and worms etc.

Darren .

darren

Yea the raw meats are safe , including the UNCOOKED bones no probs mate . Just make sure you keep up to date with the worm tabs . As too the gravey , is it bisto , or any other form of gravy granules ? Take a peek at the label , You need to be looking for salt . Salt is no good for a dog .

yes mate gravy granules ( morrisons brand ) never thought about the salt content :D:lol: .

which meat to you tend to use the most , and which cuts.

how much raw meat would i have to buy to feed him for a week, i would still mix it with the complete food as well i think . just wondering how much more it would cost as well .

Darren .

Darren

Tough question ! As the butcher is a personal freind , i don't quite know how to answer . But if it's about cost , as oppossed to quality , instead of a well bred lab , you should have bobbed down the dogs home an got a 9yr old bitsa .

I feed chicken wings/legs , Steak , heart , liver , tripe , kidney all minced up together and mixed . I do this once a fortnight , and freeze in dogy sized portions .

Also i feed fish.

A top tip is go to the supermarket just as they are about to close , lots of CHEAP bargans , not only for the dog but also for your goodself.

Take note to chop big leaved vegi's up , as they might get stuck in your mates throat .

I have to say , i have noticed a big improvement in my dogs condition , after feeding this way . Also in his temprement , but this maybe down to the fact he is getting older , who knows .

This way of feeding to my mind is the way to go , but like everything it takes time and money .

Guest Mr Pieman

My girls have a 'complete' food from Arden Grange. They've had the same brand all their lives, it changes slightly as they get older to a food for the 'mature lady'!

They also have chicken, rice and scrambled egg from time to time as a treat.

They never eat table scraps as I have all of those :lol::lol::lol:

With search & rescue dogs it is important that they eat well and can be fed simply. Carrying dozens of tins of wet food overseas to a disaster just isn't practical, hence the reason they eat the 'complete' mix.

Never had any feeding problems with them and, unlike a dog fed on fresh/tinned stuff, they **** less too :lol::D

Cheers

PP

All 7 of our dogs get fed on Dr Johns, its got about the same protein level and made the same way as skinners, beta, judges choice and all the others but only cost £6 something for a big bag of it. Our dogs are never tired of it although they do get tip bits every so often :lol: . Our ferrets are also fed an all in 1 food most of the time from the same make and a great deal cheaper then normal all in 1 ferret food and its just as good. Its so much cheaper then all the other brands and is just as good for both ferret and dog :D .

crowstopper :lol::lol:

• 1 month later...
All 7 of our dogs get fed on Dr Johns, its got about the same protein level and made the same way as skinners, beta, judges choice and all the others but only cost £6 something for a big bag of it. Our dogs are never tired of it although they do get tip bits every so often :lol: . Our ferrets are also fed an all in 1 food most of the time from the same make and a great deal cheaper then normal all in 1 ferret food and its just as good. Its so much cheaper then all the other brands and is just as good for both ferret and dog :lol: .

crowstopper :lol::lol:

I feed my lab Dr Johns its quality stuff

Theres a few shocking websites and links about what goes into dog food here .

http://drjackie.freeservers.com/articles/m...even_a_dog.html

I always try to feed our dog , food which is fit for humans as yp says liver etc from supermarket

I Have noticed the difference when he eats commercial dog food in his general health , energy etc .